autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Nice duct tape job he has had to do on that newer Master Blaster too...lol.
    If I paid $400 bucks for something that needed DIY mods straight out of the box, especially ones that required duct tape.... I’d just send it back and get a refund. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

What’s that?
    It’s GFCI - Ground Fault Current Interrupter. It’s basically an electrical socket that detects when current is flowing through something it’s not supposed to, something like say, a human body, and then cuts the current before something bad happens.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/####/GFCI

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gti14 View Post
    It’s GFCI - Ground Fault Current Interrupter. It’s basically an electrical socket that detects when current is flowing through something it’s not supposed to, something like say, a human body, and then cuts the current before something bad happens.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/####/GFCI

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thank you! Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

5. Thanks RBATTLE10 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you’re fine blowing high velocity air on your vehicle from that dirty vacuum hose? I dunno about yours, but my vacuum hose is steady encrusted with gunk. I clean it every so often, but I don’t consider it clean enough at any time to dry paint or even dry upholstery/carpet. It does great at sweeping the patio though.

What’s that?

GFCI (what I meant - not GCFI) is the plug that comes on literally everything that gets plugged in that is remotely meant to be used around water: hairdryers, pressure washers, Shurhold DA polisher (boats), etc.. It's much quicker and more precise than relying on a circuit breaker if something electrical gets wet...Like say yr hose bursts sitting on the ground unattended and starts squirting all over yr Master Blaster while yr 30 feet away wielding that humongous hose.

And on the other hand, you can buy 5 pretty nice shop vacs for the price of 1 MB. One to vacuum, one to dry, one to hang on the wall and stare at, one as a backup, and one to polish...

Obviously, I have no love for my MB.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Master Blaster, and I have also had the Sidekick and the McKee's dryer. The Sidekick is really a fantastic unit. It does an exceptional job for blowing water out of cracks, but it's not enough for drying a whole car. The McKee's drying is good for drying a whole car, but I just found it too awkward to carry around. I was always afraid that I was going to bump the car with it. The unit I bought actually died after 5 minutes of use, so it ended up getting sent back immediately anyway.

The Master Blaster sounded great, but when I got it I really wasn't that impressed. Yes, it pushes a ton of air and worked great, but I hated the hose. It was too stiff and not long enough. I ended up buying a 50' aftermarket hose that is *much* more flexible. The hose was pretty expensive too, but it took my Master Blaster from something I didn't really want to use to something I use all the time. Of course, that takes a $400 blower and turns it into a $500+ blower...

EDIT: I should add that I don't use the Master Blaster for drying whole cars either. I find it to be too slow compared to drying towels. But I do use it for lots of other purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kesmit View Post
    I have the Master Blaster, and I have also had the Sidekick and the McKee's dryer. The Sidekick is really a fantastic unit. It does an exceptional job for blowing water out of cracks, but it's not enough for drying a whole car. The McKee's drying is good for drying a whole car, but I just found it too awkward to carry around. I was always afraid that I was going to bump the car with it. The unit I bought actually died after 5 minutes of use, so it ended up getting sent back immediately anyway.

The Master Blaster sounded great, but when I got it I really wasn't that impressed. Yes, it pushes a ton of air and worked great, but I hated the hose. It was too stiff and not long enough. I ended up buying a 50' aftermarket hose that is *much* more flexible. The hose was pretty expensive too, but it took my Master Blaster from something I didn't really want to use to something I use all the time. Of course, that takes a $400 blower and turns it into a $500+ blower...

EDIT: I should add that I don't use the Master Blaster for drying whole cars either. I find it to be too slow compared to drying towels. But I do use it for lots of other purposes.
    Thanks Kesmit...this sums it up pretty well for me...biggest knock against Sidekick from many people is that you can't dry the whole car with it...well like you say , even the Master Blaster is slow at that....Sidekick it is for my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure i find it slower compared to towels. Towels have their place, but I can quickly dry my large SUV with the MB. If my truck wasnt so hydrophobic, maybe it would be slower? However, the water seems to run away when I turn on the MB and does so with ease.

Even if it was a few minutes quicker using a towel, the fun factor alone makes it better for me. Especially, when your neighbors see you use one. The looks are priceless. On top of all that, no possible towel micromarring.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the master blaster for 4 years. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Blaster. I originally purchased it to dry my motorcycle. Can't imagine how i would do that without one. I now use it on my Cars and truck and it works great. I just need to get the wall mount and 30' hose.

I don't think you could get the same power out of a vacuum. Also, the vacuum would have to be dedicated for that purpose only or i would worry about dust. The blaster has a filter to keep dust from blowing on your car.

Dave

2017 Toyota Tundra
    2013 M37S Infinity
    2007 BMW 335i convertible

Post Thanks / Like

some good points brouht up here about the MB, which makes me like using my mckee's turbo dryer even more...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast