autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a quality drying towel

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    I can dry my Expedition EL with the large one without it even breaking a sweat.

I have both (big blue and pfm) and I reach for the PFM 9 times outta 10. That one time is for when I do a rinse less...for some reason I rather the big blue for that.
    Drats!!! Drats again...!

Shoulda...shoulda...I had pfm picked out. Dunno where my head was when I pulled the trigger!

Oh well...There's always a tomorrow. Grin...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Drats!!! Drats again...!

Shoulda...shoulda...I had pfm picked out. Dunno where my head was when I pulled the trigger!

Oh well...There's always a tomorrow. Grin...

Tom
    ...and more $ale$Looking for a quality drying towel

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If you want an alternative for griots pfm you have gyeon silk dryer that I think have the same kind of mf loop.

I use a 1200gsm south Korea made drying towel. In a review on Forensic detailing chanel he tested how much water each towel holded. He put it in bucket of water and lifted it up and when it's almost started to not dripping he but it in a empty bucket and weighed it. 1 gallon of water did it hold!!! It was just as a reference to compare the towels in the test. And you can not dry up 1 gallon of water with it of course. But it was intresting to see how much water each towel could hold.

One thing that I have started to do recently is to dry rinse. This way if you have a good sheeting lsp like almost every coating you don't have much water to dry left. You can do it in a couple of ways. Use a hose with no spray handle or fitting attached just the hose. You have to test your way with the right pressure from the water. But it's gonna pour from the hose as when you pour from a watering can with nothing on the top. This is the second way to use a watering can to pour the water from. Start from the highest spot on the car and work your way down with water coverage on the whole panel. Test on the hood first with starting from the top and pour from side to side and follow the water flood down to the front of the hood as it's sheeting down.

Hope I described it somewhat understandable. Low pressure water flooding and follow the sheeting of water. And you get an almost dry car. Start from the top and work your way down the car.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes TMQ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

South Korea seems to be the hot bed for great detailing products right now Looking for a quality drying towel

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want an alternative for griots pfm you have gyeon silk dryer that I think have the same kind of mf loop.

I use a 1200gsm south Korea made drying towel. In a review on Forensic detailing chanel he tested how much water each towel holded. He put it in bucket of water and lifted it up and when it's almost started to not dripping he but it in a empty bucket and weighed it. 1 gallon of water did it hold!!! It was just as a reference to compare the towels in the test. And you can not dry up 1 gallon of water with it of course. But it was intresting to see how much water each towel could hold.

One thing that I have started to do recently is to dry rinse. This way if you have a good sheeting lsp like almost every coating you don't have much water to dry left. You can do it in a couple of ways. Use a hose with no spray handle or fitting attached just the hose. You have to test your way with the right pressure from the water. But it's gonna pour from the hose as when you pour from a watering can with nothing on the top. This is the second way to use a watering can to pour the water from. Start from the highest spot on the car and work your way down with water coverage on the whole panel. Test on the hood first with starting from the top and pour from side to side and follow the water flood down to the front of the hood as it's sheeting down.

Hope I described it somewhat understandable. Low pressure water flooding and follow the sheeting of water. And you get an almost dry car. Start from the top and work your way down the car.

Duh....! Thats great! Never thought to do that. Always running, hustling, hosing off big time for sake of speed. Drying fast and get in the shop. Need to slow down a bit and think!

I will do that next time!!!

Dang---Need to think a tad more! Grin...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Duh....! Thats great! Never thought to do that. Always running, hustling, hosing off big time for sake of speed. Drying fast and get in the shop. Need to slow down a bit and think!

I will do that next time!!!

Dang---Need to think a tad more! Grin...

Tom
    I have used a watering can to do it. But I thinking on how to do a fitting to the hose that I can control the water amount coming out of small length of a piece of hose. I have a long hose to where I have the water outlet so need to have a way to control it.

Man what it's hard to explain in english since it's not my first language. But it's fun to keep up with the english. And google translate is my friend when I get stuck in translation

10. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes TMQ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent method, and good advice.

Drying my full-sized truck is a PITA, but using the flood method followed by my blower leaves very little water to dry.

In fact, I don't even feel the need to buy a Big blue or PFM because after I use the flood/blower method I can sop up whats left with my two guzzlers in 2-3 minutes and they aren't even close to saturated afterward.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks SWETM, TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, oneheadlite, TMQ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    South Korea seems to be the hot bed for great detailing products right now Looking for a quality drying towel

Yeah they are doing alot to the detailing products scene. Not just the brands but I think they manufactures alot to other brands. And they produce alot of chemicals that are used in detailing products that are premium quality. That are used in products from other brands that puts together their detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have pluffles that I really like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a watering can to do it. But I thinking on how to do a fitting to the hose that I can control the water amount coming out of small length of a piece of hose. I have a long hose to where I have the water outlet so need to have a way to control it.
    Eldorado2k figured out the best way for an easy flood attachment is to just have a foot long (30cm) length of hose on a quick connect. That way it’s easy to swap out your normal sprayer (most sprayers don’t have a great setting for a proper flood rinse) to the hose for a good controlled flow. Just trying to use the naked quick coupler doesn’t necessarily give the smoothest flow, hence the length of hose.

I guess you’d need a shut off valve (like the thumb operated ones) at the end of your hose as well to control the flow if you didn’t want to run back to the faucet.

If you search Flexzilla you might find his thread.

16. Thanks Eldorado2k, SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast