autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

question - Long handled exploded tip soft poly car wash brush with two bucket method

Are those long-handled soft polyester car wash brushes with exploded tip bristles - will those guys scratch paint when using a two bucket method ? The more I read, the more I think even that kind of brush may be a problem. I've already read that the boars hair brushes are no good because of scratchin. What about a long-handled microfiber mop ? I'm looking for a way to wash my truck without so much bending and contorting to get to the roof and lower panels.

Any advice appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question - Long handled exploded tip soft poly car wash brush with two bucket method

I used the micro fiber mop and it did a perfect job. The only problem is if you try to use just one for the whole job.

Limited mobility is not a problem as much as limited sight. I could not see the sand, bug guts, or bird droppings that might get on the mop and rub against the paint.

With this system, it is important to constantly inspect the mop for contaminates throughout the wash process. If you wrap the head with a towel to dry, make sure to go at least twice around the head. I used a short shoestring with the tips cut off to secure the towel around the mop tied around the handle.

If a brush is used, it will scratch.That is how I found AutoGeek!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question - Long handled exploded tip soft poly car wash brush with two bucket method

Brushes will scratch, I'd stay away at all costs.

It isn't sold here, but I've seen a tool which has a soft MF chenille on a long pole. I found it at a local big-box store, and I believe some here have mentioned it is available at some on-line retail sites as well.

If you require something that extends your reach, I would go with a tool like that or rig up one on your own.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use a Lake Country Wash Wedge for washing my truck. It would be great if Lake Country could offer this Wash Wedge with a pole attachment. I also us a Werner Work Platform to stand on and reach the roof of my truck.

https://www.autogeek.net/gold-wash-wedge.html