autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs d103 or d101 ?

1. What is the difference in the two. I don't see d103 on their website, did d101 just take its place ?

2. From what I read, this product seems to take the place of a few cleaners. I am looking for a cleaner to clean the mud that is still left inside my fender wells, clean my running boards, clean the plastic and rubber interior dash pieces and clean my tires and wheels. Is that reasonable for this product ? And if so, will i still need a dressing on after i clean or will this protect as well ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs d103 or d101 ?

D103 was all purpose cleaner plus, it was discontinued. The replacement will be out next year, I believe. D107

And d101 does not protect, you will need dressing. It is a good all purpose cleaner if you're looking to simplify your life. I've used it on many parts of a vehicle to good effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juvefan30 View Post
    D103 was all purpose cleaner plus, it was discontinued. The replacement will be out next year, I believe. D107

And d101 does not protect, you will need dressing. It is a good all purpose cleaner if you're looking to simplify your life. I've used it on many parts of a vehicle to good effect.
    Thanks. Is it OK for exterior though? I was just reading reviews from how people use it on exetior trim and tires but everything on Megs site says interior.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use it on exterior components. Diluted properly, it's safe on rubber and exterior trim. Just avoid glass and be careful around aluminum, paint, wheels (ok to use on clear-coated wheels if careful) and clear plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Megs d103 or d101 ?

Yes it works great for exterior use too. I use it @10:1 and never feel the need to go stronger as it’s able to handle everything I need it to at that dilution while not being too strong for surfaces.

Carpets & matts, wheel wells [spray & hose off. I like using it better than Super Degreaser on wells because unlike D108 its less prone to turning them white once they dry], coated leather seats, dash, vinyl, door panels, plastic trim, steering wheels, it’s good for so many things @10:1.

A co worker of mine is always asking me to give him some... He even swears it’s great on glass. I told him I’ve got glass cleaner concentrate but he seems content with D101. Lol.

My mom even says it’s good on glass and she’s a professional housekeeper. I was surprised to hear her say that.. She says D120 works good but she hates the strong smell.

Post Thanks / Like

They use it on windows at 10:1?????? Wow
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Megs d103 or d101 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    They use it on windows at 10:1?????? Wow
    I just tried it on a big mirror here inside the house... It didn’t do too bad actually. No streaks or anything, but there was very minimal “linting” or microscopic spotting [best way I can describe it] even though my glass towel never lints.

I then followed it up with a completely new sides of the towel and D120 and it made a slight improvement.. But that improvement took it to perfect, which I assume most normL people may or may not notice, but I sure can.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they made this stuff in a smaller amount. 1 gallon for my 2 personal cars will last years and years ! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    I wish they made this stuff in a smaller amount. 1 gallon for my 2 personal cars will last years and years ! haha
    You can use it around the house.

Post Thanks / Like

2 questions then i'll leave this topic alone..

1. I have read things about d101 and people staining their vinyl, rubber and plastic with it. Maybe they didn't dilute it enough but is this a real concern? I liked this product because i want to clean wheels, tires, wheel wells, and spot treat interior plastics, rubber, etc and then dress with something else but being new i don't want to clean and turn my black interior white !

2. Is there a less aggressive approach then d101, something more safe but will still give results? I saw PoorBoys APC and maybe its because it says bio-degradable, but is it a "safer" route ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast