autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those that have coatings

I think i have a problem.
    I topped my Opticoat 2.0 with Optigloss.
    I then use Adams brilliant glaze and then FK1000p over the top of all of this.

I am sure it is a waste, but i cant control myself.
    It is on an Obsidian Black Mercedes and always looks good.

Digger
    Last edited by Digger11; 12-05-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Typos

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and FK425 (the pink stuff) as a drying aid after each wash.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2013 Camaro was coated last year, and I occasionally top it with Reload.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys what is your procedure for usinf ech20 as a qd? Do you spray and wipe off before using another cloth to buff it? Just after tips as don't want to scratch the car!
    As it's coated i just normally wash it and touch dry with a towel so rubbing a mf cloth has me worried

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander2874 View Post
    Guys what is your procedure for usinf ech20 as a qd? Do you spray and wipe off before using another cloth to buff it? Just after tips as don't want to scratch the car!
    As it's coated i just normally wash it and touch dry with a towel so rubbing a mf cloth has me worried

I spray the ech2o on the hood and take an soft microfiber towel folded into quarters, then wipe off. Flip to a dry side and buff off any thing left behind. That's what I do.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Do you buff in a circular or linear motion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander2874 View Post

Yup that’s how I do it. I did a black Mercedes that I corrected a couple months ago like that this morning.
    Bucket wash with Carpro Reset, Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid, cleaned the interior, then finished it up with a spritz of Carpro Ech2o w/Reload mixed in with it.. Spray, wipe on, wipe off, give it about a minute or so, and come back with a dry virgin microfiber towel for the final buff.

I use Costco Kirklands. Not a swirl on that paint. For those that have coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yup that’s how I do it. I did a black Mercedes that I corrected a couple months ago like that this morning.
    Bucket wash with Carpro Reset, Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid, cleaned the interior, then finished it up with a spritz of Carpro Ech2o w/Reload mixed in with it.. Spray, wipe on, wipe off, give it about a minute or so, and come back with a dry virgin microfiber towel for the final buff.

I use Costco Kirklands. Not a swirl on that paint. For those that have coatings
    Excellent, thank you. I picked up a few korean mf cloths but should have washed them before use! Got a few mf residue left when using it

Post Thanks / Like

I used Opticoat on my wife's car for about three years with no boosters on top. I did use some QDs to improve the shine a bit, but those were all straight QDs that wash off at the next rain.

Its funny to me at how many people get a coating and use boosters on top of it. They rave at the performance of the coating. You can skip the coating and use something like UQW or OCW every few car washes and you'll have beading and slick paint until you sell your car. In fact I did the exact thing with my Wrangler for four years, nothing but OCW. Paint was perfect at the end, no etching, water spots, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    I used Opticoat on my wife's car for about three years with no boosters on top. I did use some QDs to improve the shine a bit, but those were all straight QDs that wash off at the next rain.

Its funny to me at how many people get a coating and use boosters on top of it. They rave at the performance of the coating. You can skip the coating and use something like UQW or OCW every few car washes and you'll have beading and slick paint until you sell your car. In fact I did the exact thing with my Wrangler for four years, nothing but OCW. Paint was perfect at the end, no etching, water spots, etc.
    This is a good point. If I put a sealant or wax on my car and top it the next 4 washes in a row with d156 or any other spray wax who knows whats on top at that point and then you blur the lines on the performance of the actual LSP.

I think people get so caught up in how long something lasts and all that. I like to just use something that works for me in my applications and what looks good, to me at the end of the day on my paint.

I like the way d115 looks on my car after I wipe it down, it makes the black paint pop a lot. Ive used waxes that dont give near the same look or slickness and the application was a lot more labor intensive.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast