autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New DA polisher question

Yeah maybe I’m doing to much. The sides of the vehicle I can’t seem to get right. I can’t tell if I’m causing marring or I need to cut more. Ugh just messing it all up. Guess that’s how it works when it’s my first time

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Yeap, just use minimal product, unless your car is really bad.

In any case, this was a great read...as are most of Mike's how-to's. DA Polisher Articles - Help for Newbies to Machine Polishing
    Like music? Take a listen to mine - https://open.spotify.com/artist/7pWqQ66bxR8J8IYGQPQXrD

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve read that. I put 4 dime size dots, conditioned pad and only did half my door. I have a 2015 wrangler. Ugh frustrating. That’s for all the advise though.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right. Took me a few hours for my sedan...lots of contours. I was tired, at the end of it all, no doubt!
    Like music? Take a listen to mine - https://open.spotify.com/artist/7pWqQ66bxR8J8IYGQPQXrD

Post Thanks / Like

I like some Meg's products, but UP is not one of them. It works fine, I just have always had a hell of a time removing it.

I would suggest trying another polish that is easier to remove. I am partial to HD polish. Also, HD speed (an All In One or AIO) works very well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I like some Meg's products, but UP is not one of them. It works fine, I just have always had a hell of a time removing it.

I would suggest trying another polish that is easier to remove. I am partial to HD polish. Also, HD speed (an All In One or AIO) works very well.
    I have UC, UP, and UW and also experienced that UP was challenging to wipe off, but then I figured out that I was trying to work too large an area. Took me a while to figure out that I couldn't work the same size area with UC and UP as I do with UW, lols.

OTOH, I also found it hard to remove Griot's Machine Polish 3 no matter what size area that I worked. I was always using Griot's QD to wipe it off...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Ok next question, I’m using megs ultimate polish, and by the time I go over 4-6 passes and try to take the polish off some has already dried and I’m having to use a quick detail to get it off. Any reason why this is happening? Or how to fix?

Ultimate Polish is probably the one I've used most in the past four years. Always make sure to shake the bottle thoroughly.

I've found that if the paint is "dry" or "sticky", it can leave "deposits", especially around the perimeter of the work area.

On an open cell blue Buff and Shine pad, I start with three small dots of polish, and work for no more than four passes on speed 4 or 5 on a PC 7424. I reload with one or two drops depending on the work area.

If that deposit occurs, I just go over it with the moist pad, and remove immediately. It also helps to keep the pad as clean as possible.

I've also found that with some bottles it occurs more than others. Maybe the product was old, or maybe it was mixed weird, but the more recent bottles I've used have been fine.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12