autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Got a small kit in the mail...

Definitely not a pro, like a bunch of you pro detailers, but, just wanted to try some things out...since I've never used them before. And with the BF sale, it made it even more cost effective. As for the little pads, I'm sure they will work well enough for my DD pillars, and smaller areas, since I already have a small backing plate.

If anyone has a favorite MF cleaning solution, I'd like to hear about that, in particular. I try to keep my MF cloths as clean as possible...even prior to having seen Mike's techniques (which, mind you, are a must). First round with the PB's cleaner, so, I'll report on it once I use it.

Lastly, thanks AG peeps for the fast shipping and quality packaging! I'll try to visit the place in Stuart some day, as long as visits are allowed?

Got a small kit in the mail...-img_6255-jpg

Mike Phillips

Re: Got a small kit in the mail...

I think it’s safe to say that this “small package” is your “gateway package” to “larger packages”.

3. Likes rangerbay, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy's Typhoon is an excellent microfiber fiber detergent! My personal favorite!!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

5. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know they sell some CG (Chemical Guys) stuff so I think I'm ok but I really like their microfiber wash. I hear Tide free and clear works well but haven't tried that. And like Mike said that's just the first package to many more... Ha ha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think it’s safe to say that this “small package” is your “gateway package” to “larger packages”.

Haha, on the contrary Mike. I ordered a wolfgang kit with pads prior, so, this is the follow up kit...hehe. My wife never quite understands why I spend so much time in the garage at night...but she does know about my car addiction.

Al,

Thanks, any good tips for using it? I read the directions on the bottle, but, sometimes other people get different results with diff. methods, so, figured I'd ask.

Goonie...car addictions...therapeutic, but, not so much for the wallet! haha. I'm just a hobbyist...no where near a pro, but, never hurts to try new things. I got the dodo juice white diamond wax sample, to see if it's better than GG's BOS liquid wax. At least I have something to compare it against. Also, got the blue one for the wife's car, since her's is a silvery blue...and once I get to that one, I'll see which one works/looks best.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the addicts lounge! I like the wolfgang MF cleaner and restorer but as far as bang for the buck, Griot's microfiber and polish pad stuff is great, is clear so no dying issues, and works great. I bought a gallon a year ago or so and it is still about 1/3 full. For refrence, I do a load of towels every week or so.

9. Likes Inthedeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inthedeck View Post
    Haha, on the contrary Mike. I ordered a wolfgang kit with pads prior, so, this is the follow up kit...hehe. My wife never quite understands why I spend so much time in the garage at night...but she does know about my car addiction.

Al,

Thanks, any good tips for using it? I read the directions on the bottle, but, sometimes other people get different results with diff. methods, so, figured I'd ask.

Goonie...car addictions...therapeutic, but, not so much for the wallet! haha. I'm just a hobbyist...no where near a pro, but, never hurts to try new things. I got the dodo juice white diamond wax sample, to see if it's better than GG's BOS liquid wax. At least I have something to compare it against. Also, got the blue one for the wife's car, since her's is a silvery blue...and once I get to that one, I'll see which one works/looks best.
    I have the Diamond White Dodo Juice and it rocks on white/light cars IMHO. I got the Purple Haze Pro but not the Blue Velvet so let me know how you like it... I'm a wax person myself. Maybe as far as a sealant. Lots of folks like coatings but wax is still my preferred and Dodo Juice just does it for me. Top Diamond White with Rainforest Rub for a good look as well... Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    welcome to the addicts lounge! I like the wolfgang MF cleaner and restorer but as far as bang for the buck, Griot's microfiber and polish pad stuff is great, is clear so no dying issues, and works great. I bought a gallon a year ago or so and it is still about 1/3 full. For refrence, I do a load of towels every week or so.
    Nice, thanks for the info. Once the PB's solution is done and gone, I'll look into the other one's you mentioned. I wash my towels about once a week, as well...I almost always use one daily with WG ID spray, to keep the bugs off the front of the car. So many sacrifice themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    I have the Diamond White Dodo Juice and it rocks on white/light cars IMHO. I got the Purple Haze Pro but not the Blue Velvet so let me know how you like it... I'm a wax person myself. Maybe as far as a sealant. Lots of folks like coatings but wax is still my preferred and Dodo Juice just does it for me. Top Diamond White with Rainforest Rub for a good look as well... Good luck!
    I polished and sealed my car, followed by a coat of wax. Next one up will be the wife's car, so, the Blue Velvet will be the first one I try once I have a chance. I'll report back. Good to know that the DJ WD works well on white cars, that's what I was hoping for, and hopefully, it'll bring out the pearl a bit more. I might try a small section to just 'see' what it does on top of GG's BOS liquid wax. Thanks for the info. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is also annoyed with the new obsession lol. I keep telling her, if she stops getting the truck dirty, then i will stop buying detailing products!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    My wife is also annoyed with the new obsession lol. I keep telling her, if she stops getting the truck dirty, then i will stop buying detailing products!
    haha, so true. Mine is not a new obsession, just an enhanced obsession, with better tools! The porter cable, for a first time user (while initially confusing), becomes pretty second nature after having used a buffer for sealing/waxing in the past. It's a bit more time consuming, initially, but, in the long run it'll get easier/quicker with better techniques, and also less issues with the paint after correction. That's my hope, anyway.
    Like music? Take a listen to mine - https://open.spotify.com/artist/7pWqQ66bxR8J8IYGQPQXrD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast