autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Carpro essence gloss extreme need IPA/Eraser

I have use carpro essence Extreme Gloss enhancer plus reload for the better part of the year and very satisfied. I also have recommended or seen it used on 5 to 7 other cars with no problem. Then I read on one of the other auto sites that Carpro was recommending that you use IPA or eraser after the essence, before moving to the reload.I move immediately to reload, and have never had any hazing problems.

This is very concerning to me, because I can use other things that I like , that don’t require a separate step between the polish and topcoat. Like blackfire polish and Crystal Seal or Ultima. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on this? I distinctly remember when essence came out , that it was OK to move Right over to reload after essence, with no wipe off, After waiting an hour or two for the reload.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Carpro essence gloss extreme need IPA/Eraser

If you use reload or hydro2 you can apply directly after wipe of. And if you are doing a coating with cquarts or a wax/sealant you will have to wait for 3 hours so the solvents can evaporate. As I understand some use eraser for been able to top it directly if it's not reload or hydro2 that I think have the same solvent carrier as essence has.

3. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am asking strictly about whether you need to do a wipe down of essence with ipa or eraser, before you use reload, no other products involved.

I have always just buffed off the essence, and went straight to reload with no problems
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Straight from carpro.

2 - Do I have to use Eraser between Essence and CQuartz?

If your using Essence by machine and you wait until the vehicle is finished then you can apply Reload or CQuartz after you finish the vehicle starting in the same direction you polished. If you want to be ultra safe you can still Eraser but in our testings to date we have not seen any failure when we skipped Eraser.

If your using Essence by hand then we recommend you use Eraser before coating.

6. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you use reload or hydro2 you can apply directly after wipe of. And if you are doing a coating with cquarts or a wax/sealant you will have to wait for 3 hours so the solvents can evaporate. As I understand some use eraser for been able to top it directly if it's not reload or hydro2 that I think have the same solvent carrier as essence has.

SWETM pretty much sums it up here really. I would/have/do apply Reload immediately after Essence & the only time I would Eraser is before applying a coating. Essence is a "primer" for C.Quartz Coatings & you can coat straight onto Essence in most situations but it requires a bit of "cure" time before coating - or an Eraser wipe down can speed the process up if need be. Reload over Essence - no problems.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Yes, I am asking strictly about whether you need to do a wipe down of essence with ipa or eraser, before you use reload, no other products involved.

I have always just buffed off the essence, and went straight to reload with no problems
    You can apply directly after with reload or hydro2 without eraser or ipa. If you use a polisher to apply essence.
    How do you polish with essence? They have a little special step to polish it. Recommendation are that you have the speed on 2-3 on the polisher. And when essence clears you go up to speed 4 to induse heat to activate the resins and work it for 2-3 minutes.
    Of course you can do it at you use to. But to get the most out of essence I think this is a good way to do it. There is alot of opinions hos to do it. I take this recommendation from carpro UK on how to work with it.

10. Thanks DBAILEY thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys....
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Great explanation!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want it to cut with microfiber pad, should you doing it that slow?

Post Thanks / Like

If I where to use mf cutting pad I would use a low speed as recommended to let the abrasive do it's work. Then up the speed and slow arm movement to activate the resins. But if you feel like you need to have a high cut I would go for a medium cut polish or a compound. Essence is a primer for carpros cquarts coatings and produce a high gloss with carpros glosspad. But with the fine abrasive in essence you can get use a pad with higher cut to use as a aio. If I would use essence I would want as high gloss possible as I would with any another finishing polish. You can tweak your combo with essence but you don't get the most out of it that way. So if I see on my test spot that a medium cut pad with essence does'nt cut enough that I want. I would reach for a polish or a compound and do test spots until I find the least aggressive combo.

This is just my toughts on how I would think. Maybe someone has a good experience with a mf cutting pad and worked on a higher speed. I see essence as a primer and a way to excell the gloss to a higher level after polishing and to extend the longevity of cquarts coating.

15. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast