Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
That concave pad face may help on convex curved panels. They only make a 6.5" pad. If a panel is too curvy, convex or concave, for the size of pad I'm using, then I go to a smaller diameter pad and then if still problem I change from long-throw DA down to a normal 8mm DA.
I realized on modern cars, EVERY panel has a bit of convexity(<-- i just had to look that word up..lol) The hood, roof, doors, and even trunk lids are mostly slightly bowed. My 92 nissan sentra's trunk lid is the flattest car part I have. I don't plan on buffing that junk at all..haha. So maybe 10% completely flat panels vs 90% curved panels out there? I was just surprised why these curved pads aren't all that common. I'm also surprised these companies don't provide stock custom sizes for us; xxx thickness x 12" x 24", so we can cut to our own size. Just sell the stock size w/ velcro. Or maybe they do, I just didn't look hard enough, yet.
I'm pretty much doing what you're doing right now, though. Takes forever, but gets the job done w/ my G110v2 to LC 3.0" BP using hydro-tech 3" pads.