autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

OK to use old wax?

About two years ago I got some Blackfire midnight sun wax as a gift. I used it once, really liked it, but then had my car ceramic coated and haven't used it since.

Would like to use the same wax now on another car. It's been sitting in the container for about 2 years. Think it's ok to use? Maybe just scrape off the very top layer?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK to use old wax?

i have some paste waxes that are many many years old and they are still good. as long as it's not separated (or look obviously not usable) or smell foul/moldy, you should be fine. you can always take a napkin and swipe the top a few times to remove anything that might have settled on top. wax away...

now that i think about it, it's probably no good. send it to me for evaluation...

Post Thanks / Like

Two years is nothing. I have stuff that is 10+ and still works fine. As long as it hasn't separated or dried out, you are good to go. If in doubt, do a small test spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i have some paste waxes that are many many years old and they are still good. as long as it's not separated (or look obviously not usable) or smell foul/moldy, you should be fine. you can always take a napkin and swipe the top a few times to remove anything that might have settled on top. wax away...

now that i think about it, it's probably no good. send it to me for evaluation...
    A generous offer! ; )

Thanks for the responses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Two years is nothing. I have stuff that is 10+ and still works fine. As long as it hasn't separated or dried out, you are good to go. If in doubt, do a small test spot.
    Same here. My oldest are around 10-11 now. All of them work fine. I even have one bottle of liquid wax that old. That one has gotten thinner in consistency, but still works as it did when new. I even tested longevity on it to see if that was compromised and it was not. Store your products climate controlled and they'll have very long shelf lives.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.