autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Carpro Clear Cut compound

I saw Merlin made a post on the carpro forum on his latest paint correction. I am sure he will post up that write up on Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I agree, neither are anything special. But I don’t know of any other compound that is advertised to remove up to 1000grit sanding marks so I’m hoping it’s an entirely different formulation than fixer.
    Scholl S0 Extreme Cut Matting compound is advertised to cut 1000, and I believe it. I haven't tried it, but I have buffed out a lot of nasty defects that even M101 wouldn't touch.

Post Thanks / Like

In my limited testing with ClearCut I am convinced this is a game changer. Using as directed I was able to get full correction on a hammered Nissan Altima with a microfiber cutting pad on the Rupes21 with almost zero marring. Using a foam pad and working the compound through several cycles I was able to achieve full correction and a haze free finish. It's good stuff. I can see it becoming my go-to compound once my stock of m100 runs out. I've yet to test it on a hard/dense paint system... I'm interested to see how it does on a newer BMW or Audi and their rock hard clear.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    In my limited testing with ClearCut I am convinced this is a game changer. Using as directed I was able to get full correction on a hammered Nissan Altima with a microfiber cutting pad on the Rupes21 with almost zero marring. Using a foam pad and working the compound through several cycles I was able to achieve full correction and a haze free finish. It's good stuff. I can see it becoming my go-to compound once my stock of m100 runs out. I've yet to test it on a hard/dense paint system... I'm interested to see how it does on a newer BMW or Audi and their rock hard clear.
    That's good to hear! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm currently using m100 as my main compound.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I don’t like fixer or reflect, so I’ll prolly stay away from this compound, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I happen to like Fixer and Reflect alot. Shorter working time, no dusting, hardly anything to wipe off, awesome correction and loads of gloss.

6. Likes lane5515, zmcgovern45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be curious to hear more reviews on this. I can't find anything that beats FCC on a Boss Microfiber pad for my black '15 Merc. E350. And I've tried several (FG 400, Sonax Cutmax, 3D 501 Compound and Ultimate Compound). Something that would give total correction on 4-5 passes even with a need for a follow up polish would be the goal for me.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using Menzerna SHC300, Meguiars M101, Scholl Concepts S2 Orange for heavy defects on hard paints. My findings with these heavyweights are:

Menzerna SHC300-Awesome cut, worst finish that requires a finishing step.

Meguiars M101-Awesome cut, nicest finish but dusts more than the other two.

Scholl Concepts S2 Orange-Awesome cut, decent finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Just posted some initial thoughts in a separate thread.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12