autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    Yeah, except for the dust that accumulates in a dehumidifier. I water my plants with it. A gallon of distilled water is 80 cents at Wally world make a trip and fill up the trunk twice a year for 40 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Lol. My dehumidifier is kept dust free to AutoGeek standards

Post Thanks / Like

Little pieces of leaves in microfiber towels...

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

3. Likes DogRescuer, Eric7810 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Pet Peeve: Grabbing your towels out of the dryer and finding a surprise dryer sheet that you somehow missed during your pre inspection.

Pet Peeve: When your good drying towel suddenly becomes caked with gunk while drying the door jambs or around the windows.

Pet Peeve: When you’re dressing the wheel wells and accidentally miss the mark... Now you’ve got Hyper Dressing on the paint. Hate when that happens. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Pet Peeve: Getting polish on rubber trim.

Pet Peeve: Accidentally picking up the wrong bottle and suddenly you’ve sprayed Hyper Dressing all over the window instead of glass cleaner. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Pet Peeve: When your spray bottle is running low and you don’t feel like running back and refilling it.
    Every one you listed here is on point hahaa

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I wouldn't characterize it so much as a pet peeve but one of the things that amazes me still is when a customer asks what I can do about fixing something that is clearly body damage, missing paint or damage beyond what "detailing" is. I do understand they do not fully understand our service boundaries and I amicably explain what can and cannot be done.
    But then I have had people almost convinced they need to repaint their car due to minor paint transfer or some minor thing. Or another thing when they buy a scratch remover thinking the scratch that is down to the metal will come out. Lol

Sent from my VS501 using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailsbydennis View Post
    When a customer says “Don’t go crazy”

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Some have no idea the work that goes into it. Don't go crazy? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I like when someone sees me using something and I'm not done, they suggest some old crap they use that's so hard to work with,etc. I always notice how hard he has to work to wipe it off and how long it lasts. Lol. Or ! People do not believe in trying polymers etc. Or they are in love with their Armor all.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Not necessarily detailing related, but...

-Pet Peeve. When people say “I could care less”

That doesn’t make any sense! Do people know what they’re talking about when they say that? Apparently not.

Correct way is: “I couldn’t care less” - Now that makes sense.

-Pet Peeve. When people refer to their cars as “she”
    Am I the only 1 who refers to the car as a “he”?
    I’ve never thought of my car as a “she” and never will. A car’s supposed to have balls, right? At least I know my car does... A she car could never have balls thanks to it being a “she”.

I count on my car to be reliable and have the strength to power through in times of need. Don’t let me down, and get me out of trouble if need be. I don’t mean to sound sexist, but I don’t want a “she” car in those times of need.. What I need is my car to be as strong as it can be. It’s Horsepower, not Hen power.

I’ve owned 4 Cadillac Eldorados and there’s no way on earth an Eldorado could ever be a “she”

Never understood why people refer to their cars as girls. Maybe I’m just weird.

Post Thanks / Like

... I’ve never thought of my car as a “she” and never will. A car’s supposed to have balls, right? At least I know my car does... A she car could never have balls thanks to it being a “she”...
    Not necessarily true in today's ultra-liberal social environment. LOL.

12. Likes rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily detailing related, but...

-Pet Peeve. When people say “I could care less”

That doesn’t make any sense! Do people know what they’re talking about when they say that? Apparently not.

Correct way is: “I couldn’t care less” - Now that makes sense.

-Pet Peeve. When people refer to their cars as “she”
    Am I the only 1 who refers to the car as a “he”?
    I’ve never thought of my car as a “she” and never will. A car’s supposed to have balls, right? At least I know my car does... A she car could never have balls thanks to it being a “she”.

I count on my car to be reliable and have the strength to power through in times of need. Don’t let me down, and get me out of trouble if need be. I don’t mean to sound sexist, but I don’t want a “she” car in those times of need.. What I need is my car to be as strong as it can be. It’s Horsepower, not Hen power.

I’ve owned 4 Cadillac Eldorados and there’s no way on earth an Eldorado could ever be a “she”

Never understood why people refer to their cars as girls. Maybe I’m just weird.
    I've always thought my cars were "he's"... why would I want to drive a she??? but I'm a female, so that makes sense.
    I am under the impression men refer to their babies as "she's" because they are kind of their "other woman" or "mistress" since they get love and attention.

And I have to be a little sarcastic here and say there's no way your car would be a she- she wouldn't put up with an ill-matched hood
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest pet peeve , when going into a store I park my car in the back forty , and when I come out there is a POS parked right next to me when there were many other places to park .
    This has happened to me twice now , there are these certain people in my city that purposely aim their wiper washer jets to the side so when they are parked at a stop light and see a clean or new car and you get sprayed by their washer fluid intentionally . Why do these low lifes do that .

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast