autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The forum is really annoying about picture formats. Everytime I try to post a picture I have to resize it 10 times before the forum will accept it. So I no longer do.
    It’s not like that on your phone + Tapatalk. You just select the largest available format and it posts the picture every time.

2. Likes kennethono liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pet Peeve: Grabbing your towels out of the dryer and finding a surprise dryer sheet that you somehow missed during your pre inspection.

Pet Peeve: When your good drying towel suddenly becomes caked with gunk while drying the door jambs or around the windows.

Pet Peeve: When you’re dressing the wheel wells and accidentally miss the mark... Now you’ve got Hyper Dressing on the paint. Hate when that happens. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Pet Peeve: Getting polish on rubber trim.

Pet Peeve: Accidentally picking up the wrong bottle and suddenly you’ve sprayed Hyper Dressing all over the window instead of glass cleaner. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Pet Peeve: When your spray bottle is running low and you don’t feel like running back and refilling it.

4. Likes kennethono liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

((((Pet Peeve: When your spray bottle is running low and you don’t feel like running back and refilling it.)))

I'm just finding this out!
    And it is starting to bug me big time!

If business is doing well---I'll probably just pay a bit more and get the RTU bottles in bulk.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    ((((Pet Peeve: When your spray bottle is running low and you don’t feel like running back and refilling it.)))

I'm just finding this out!
    And it is starting to bug me big time!

If business is doing well---I'll probably just pay a bit more and get the RTU bottles in bulk.

Tom
    It’s super annoying... That’s why when I do a waterless wash I make sure to arm myself with no less than 64oz. ready to go. [that’s actually WGU in those bottles]

Same goes for claylube.

And just tonight I received my upgrade to the 2 bottle method. My thoughts on how this expensive sprayer actually works a bit later.

... Btw, you don’t necessarily want to buy bigger bottles of RTU product, you want to buy gallon of concentrate and dilute a gallon at a time so you have it on your shelf ready to refill your spray bottles.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

... Btw, you don’t necessarily want to buy bigger bottles of RTU product, you want to buy gallon of concentrate and dilute a gallon at a time so you have it on your shelf ready to refill your spray bottles.
    Exactly right.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate running outta DI water to mix chemicals & and do rinseless washes. I have a CR Spottless - but feel like every time I use it for stock water - I'm that much closer to buying resin (and having to change it, which is a PIA). I'm not cheap, it's not that I won't buy it - I just hate having to lug a bunch of gallon bottles home or make a special trip.

My solution? Need a dehumidifier in my basement anyway - & since there are no rocks floating in the air where I live - I'm pretty sure this dehumidifier is pulling water pretty close to DI... So, instead of just wasting it - I fill up old DI water gallons and this 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid. Now - always have tons of DI water on hand for free with no lugging from the store.

Seems legit.

11. Likes SWETM, GEM65, sledman8002002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I hate running outta DI water to mix chemicals & and do rinseless washes. I have a CR Spottless - but feel like every time I use it for stock water - I'm that much closer to buying resin (and having to change it, which is a PIA). I'm not cheap, it's not that I won't buy it - I just hate having to lug a bunch of gallon bottles home or make a special trip.

My solution? Need a dehumidifier in my basement anyway - & since there are no rocks floating in the air where I live - I'm pretty sure this dehumidifier is pulling water pretty close to DI... So, instead of just wasting it - I fill up old DI water gallons and this 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid. Now - always have tons of DI water on hand for free with no lugging from the store.

Seems legit.
    Yeah, except for the dust that accumulates in a dehumidifier. I water my plants with it. A gallon of distilled water is 80 cents at Wally world make a trip and fill up the trunk twice a year for 40 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Landscape crews. A real PITA to work around everytime, guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

when people slap their wash pad/mitt on the paint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s super annoying... That’s why when I do a waterless wash I make sure to arm myself with no less than 64oz. ready to go. [that’s actually WGU in those bottles]

Same goes for claylube.

And just tonight I received my upgrade to the 2 bottle method. My thoughts on how this expensive sprayer actually works a bit later.

I use those pressure sprayers they are nice but 2 of mine already sprung leaks in the bottles. I got the ones with pbmg names on them i been meaning to call them to get them replaced. Its better then squeezing spray bottles for sure

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast