autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Why do you hate that? It’s not like any of the color changing wheel cleaners have the capability to fully clean a really dirty wheel caked with brake dust on their own.

Pet Peeve: Seeing towel marks appear on glass when the windows fog up.

Another Pet Peeve: The fact that everyone alive today has a smartphone, yet the majority of AG forum members can’t seem to be able to post pictures.. It’s like the easiest thing in the world through your phone + Tapatalk.

Who’s even on here via PC? Phone is so much more convenient. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?
    The forum is really annoying about picture formats. Everytime I try to post a picture I have to resize it 10 times before the forum will accept it. So I no longer do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I think the benefit of coating your wheels is to protect the clear coat of the rims. That being said I've coated every part of my car except for the rims. For the rims I just use hydro 2. I mean I'm going to trix the rims when I wash anyways so it's easy to just spray it down and rinse the rims for protection instead of going through all that work to coat it.

Another pet peeve.. went to my parents place today and looked at his rav 4. In November I had polished his car out to about a 90 percent paint correction with a one step so it looked great. Sealed it with a combination of Dr Beasley plasma coat and hi Def paint sealant. Got there today and he's using a mop to wash the car again.. lol
    That's why I never recommend a 2 or 3 step correction to my clients. I know they will trash the paint again the first time they wash it (or go to a car wash). Very frustrating!

3. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The other day my friend said his car needs a detail. Asked me how much I think it will cost to have it done and before I said anything he suggested "About $80?" I laughed and told him that if it's that little the service will suck horribly. Decent job will cost way more than that.[/QUOTE]

I agree to a point but location definitely affects our prices, wouldn't you say?
    Steve
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

5. Likes kennethono liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostknife View Post
    Mainly dealing with customers on the pricing aspect, they don't understand the love we all have for vehicles!
    Absolutely, I gave a quote over the phone which I DON'T recommend. The " kid" says uhh but the shop intown charges Yada yada, so I said so go there.
    Steve
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

7. Likes kennethono, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

beach sand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    Okay, I'll start. I hate when you compound and polish a black finish to near perfection, and when wiping off the polish, you somehow put a line in the clear that you have to go back and polish. I'm pretty sure we have all done it but it makes me want to scream every time.

aaaaannnnnddd go!
    I hate when you polish a black car to perfection and the wax you choose leaves a thin film under strong lighting that doesnt fully wipe off. I don't know why no matter how thin and uniform certain waxes are applied they leave this film. Like I said its only even visible under very bright lighting and looking at the right angle so unless you look at your paint that closely when buffing a wax you wouldn't see it.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate when I refuse to go through an automatic car wash and people say, "why do you care? It's just a lease!"

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Interior rear windows! Period.

12. Likes detailsbydennis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    The other day my friend said his car needs a detail. Asked me how much I think it will cost to have it done and before I said anything he suggested "About $80?" I laughed and told him that if it's that little the service will suck horribly. Decent job will cost way more than that.
    I agree to a point but location definitely affects our prices, wouldn't you say?

Sure but $80 probably doesn’t even pay for the car wash detail job which is a quick pass with rotary and wool pad. I think their crappy detail job close to my house is $165
    Steve[/QUOTE]
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

$80? That’s a quality wash, tire dressing, spray wax, interior wipe down, and vacuum for me.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

15. Likes kennethono liked this post
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast