autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    How do you do this, with the wheel still on ?
    +1

inquiring minds would like to know! The easiest is to take the car for a spin but can’t do that to a customers car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Mike Phillips

Here's mine,

Glare

Even wrote a couple of articles about the topic...

Remove the glare from where you stare

Window Glare!

And this one,

How to remove Smokers Film off inside of windshield - Review: BLACKFIRE Glass Cleaner

I hate glare where I stare!

3. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    That’s why you need to have an “express detail” package that is basically a glorified wash, vacuum, wipe the dash, clean the windows and dress the tires.
    You’re describing my “car wash”
    I leave a car nearly detailed every time I wash it. Problem is I feel like I’m at the fine line where if I were to cross it and tip the scale towards me, they might be willing to sacrifice and have the car wash save them money.

I’m sure some of it is in my head, as I kind of struggle with charging people in general. It’s a hurdle I need to overcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    How do you do this, with the wheel still on ?
    +1

inquiring minds would like to know! The easiest is to take the car for a spin but can’t do that to a customers car

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    When someone makes a thread with a full write up about a detail, and the initial post has a ton of pictures showing before and after and outlining their process that nearly takes up an entire page or more. Then several people REPLY WITH QUOTE repeating all of the photos and process again and again and again just to say 'Looks great! Good save.' Is it really necessary to repost again.
    So true...why not just type "good job" and be done with it....incredibly frustrating...sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

My recent pet peeve has actually been a product company with bad customer service or customer service staff that don't know anything about detailing. I recently called a company who I use a few specific products from and love their products to ask if I can machine apply a very thick synthetic protection. The person who answered was confused as to what machine application was and didn't know why I would want to do such a thing. There was another company I contacted and to ask about a new product they had released and got a very rude response that didn't even answer my question. That's a whole product line I had planned to investigate and try some of their products that I will not be ever bothering with again.

If someone makes products but their staff can't answer questions about how to use it... then I'm less inclined of course to purchase their stuff from now on. Same with the company that is rude. I won't consider their products anymore.

Edit:
    No it was not autogeek staff that I had these issues with or any of the mckee 37 staff.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

When a car in front of you on the road starts spraying window washer fluid and over-sprays onto your freshly washed, waxed, vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    When a car in front of you on the road starts spraying window washer fluid and over-sprays onto your freshly washed, waxed, vehicle.
    Hahaha the more time you spend detailing your car increases the chances of this happening!! Not only do they spray the window but they unload the WHOLE windshield washer tank in front of you when you have cars on both sides of you and a person tailgating you leaving you no retreating options

David

Post Thanks / Like

For some odd reason I hate when people make detail threads with color changing wheel cleaners and take a photo of them agitating it with a little brush.

Also hate sheeple who jump on detail band wagons.... And drips after a traditional wash.

Also when a passenger rides in my car and closes the door and leaves finger marks all over the pillar. Thank God the Mrs learned that lesson years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

people who do a write-up and don't include any details on what polishers/products they used. members on here are going to ask so you might as well mention it...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast