autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Super Member coles_paint_correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Biggest one for me is usually roofs of cars or trucks, just a pain sometimes to get to the middle and causes fatigue on the body.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy: Windshields and back windows. If I wanted to do Yoga I would join a Yoga class

3. Likes Paul A., rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    +1

inquiring minds would like to know! The easiest is to take the car for a spin but can’t do that to a customers car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +2

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostknife View Post
    Mainly dealing with customers on the pricing aspect, they don't understand the love we all have for vehicles!
    Never mind the love... They don’t understand the time and effort that goes into it, not to mention the cost of products if they were to try and buy all the stuff we just used on their vehicle.

6. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    For some odd reason I hate when people make detail threads with color changing wheel cleaners and take a photo of them agitating it with a little brush.
    Why do you hate that? It’s not like any of the color changing wheel cleaners have the capability to fully clean a really dirty wheel caked with brake dust on their own.

Pet Peeve: Seeing towel marks appear on glass when the windows fog up.

Another Pet Peeve: The fact that everyone alive today has a smartphone, yet the majority of AG forum members can’t seem to be able to post pictures.. It’s like the easiest thing in the world through your phone + Tapatalk.

Who’s even on here via PC? Phone is so much more convenient. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that Eldo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Why do you hate that? It’s not like any of the color changing wheel cleaners have the capability to fully clean a really dirty wheel caked with brake dust on their own.

Pet Peeve: Seeing towel marks appear on glass when the windows fog up.

Another Pet Peeve: The fact that everyone alive today has a smartphone, yet the majority of AG forum members can’t seem to be able to post pictures.. It’s like the easiest thing in the world through your phone + Tapatalk.

Who’s even on here via PC? Phone is so much more convenient. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?
    can't put my finger on it, just one of those things for me LOL...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    can't put my finger on it, just one of those things for me LOL...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Lol. I’ve got an equal to that... For me it’s when people rave about having their wheels coated, yet still mention using whatever brushes [typically Whoolies or wash mitts] to clean their wheels... I think to myself “so what’s the benefit of coating the wheels? Beading?” I couldn’t care less whether my wheels bead or not. I want to bypass the grunt work of bending down and scrubbing. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?
    I’ll trade beading x2 for wheels that stay forever clean. Lol.

What benefit does having to scrub your wheels with car soap have over being able to spray the wheels from afar and easily rinsing them fully clean with something like Megs Wheel Brightener? I’ll choose the no scrub method 10 out of 10 times. Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

12. Likes Cleankat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the benefit of coating your wheels is to protect the clear coat of the rims. That being said I've coated every part of my car except for the rims. For the rims I just use hydro 2. I mean I'm going to trix the rims when I wash anyways so it's easy to just spray it down and rinse the rims for protection instead of going through all that work to coat it.

Another pet peeve.. went to my parents place today and looked at his rav 4. In November I had polished his car out to about a 90 percent paint correction with a one step so it looked great. Sealed it with a combination of Dr Beasley plasma coat and hi Def paint sealant. Got there today and he's using a mop to wash the car again.. lol
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

14. Likes Cleankat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post

Another pet peeve.. went to my parents place today and looked at his rav 4. In November I had polished his car out to about a 90 percent paint correction with a one step so it looked great. Sealed it with a combination of Dr Beasley plasma coat and hi Def paint sealant. Got there today and he's using a mop to wash the car again.. lol
    Ahh man tell me about it. I’m surprised no ones mentioned that 1 yet, [well maybe they have, but it certainly deserves to be #1] because I’m pretty sure we’ve all experienced that. Those people just can’t be saved. They will always succumb to their bad habits of rubbing dry paint with shop towels, dry mops aka California Dusters, terry towels, and everything else that will certainly cause swirls & scratches. I believe the term for them is “lost cause” lol.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast