autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Mainly dealing with customers on the pricing aspect, they don't understand the love we all have for vehicles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    When someone makes a thread with a full write up about a detail, and the initial post has a ton of pictures showing before and after and outlining their process that nearly takes up an entire page or more. Then several people REPLY WITH QUOTE repeating all of the photos and process again and again and again just to say 'Looks great! Good save.' Is it really necessary to repost again.
    LOL, I'm glad someone mentioned it. I hate that too but never felt comfortable telling people to stop doing it.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes ducksfan, Aaryn NZ, ChrisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    When someone makes a thread with a full write up about a detail, and the initial post has a ton of pictures showing before and after and outlining their process that nearly takes up an entire page or more. Then several people REPLY WITH QUOTE repeating all of the photos and process again and again and again just to say 'Looks great! Good save.' Is it really necessary to repost again.
    That's a classic GSKR move. Lol.

... But his good far outweighs that minor offense, and overall I wish he would have the time to post more, because he's a great contributor to the forum.

5. Likes oneheadlite, Aaryn NZ, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That's a classic GSKR move. Lol.

... But his good far outweighs that minor offense, and overall I wish he would have the time to post more, because he's a great contributor to the forum.
    I couldn't not laugh when I saw your post. I was thinking the exact same thing. Like the guy, but wish he would change this annoying habit.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving rust on brake rotors. It is easy and quick to remove the stuff and ensures that the customer's wheels aren't tinted orange shortly after picking up their vehicle.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I hate when someone touches the finish and their finger tips cause micromarring
    Oh my gosh that drives me crazy. I had a client come out to check his ride out a nice Tahoe that was of course black and his kids were running by dragging their hands across the finish right in front of me. I was dying inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

When a customer calls you asking for a “detail” and you show up/find out he or she just meant a normL car wash...

Man that totally throws me off. I mean when I hear the word “detail” my mind gets in the zone! I start getting excited thinking about what I’m going to do the vehicle to really set it apart and go all out...

Major Buzzkill.

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned before, when someone asks "how much?". You give them a quote and then they complain. However, a positive note is when they leave and go over to the "premium hand wash" location only to come back and have to pay a little more to fix the brand new scratches.... Lol
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    When a customer calls you asking for a “detail” and you show up/find out he or she just meant a normL car wash...

Man that totally throws me off. I mean when I hear the word “detail” my mind gets in the zone! I start getting excited thinking about what I’m going to do the vehicle to really set it apart and go all out...

Major Buzzkill.
    That’s why you need to have an “express detail” package that is basically a glorified wash, vacuum, wipe the dash, clean the windows and dress the tires.

In and out giving the customer exactly what they want while still making money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    Leaving rust on brake rotors. It is easy and quick to remove the stuff and ensures that the customer's wheels aren't tinted orange shortly after picking up their vehicle.
    How do you do this, with the wheel still on ?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast