autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Follow test
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I am with you on that one. As a "courtesy", my dealership runs every car that has service through their automatic car wash. Then it is wiped down by a bunch of yahoos with filthy terry cloth towels. To make matters worse, they dress the tires of every new car with some type of goop that slings off when you leave the lot. The goop sticks to the paint and attracts dirt. I scrape the goop off and power wash the stuff off of the car at the local self serve wash. Then I take it home and dress the tires properly.
    This drives me crazy. Lincoln dealer does that. I ask them not to wash the Navi when it is there. They do a horrible job.

Adding to my pet peeves, the assholes who call themselves mobile "detailers" that wash lot cars for $5 a piece. Spraying water on them, scrubbing them down with the same dirty mit and rinsing. DEALER INSTALLED SWIRLS! They all but ruin factory paint jobs.

3. Thanks tynermccullar32 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    VERY funny right here! My wife's great Uncle, who's going to be 80 next year, has a C7 in Lime Rock green, my favorite color for the C7, just layers Zaino on his car and brags about how many coats he has on it. Meanwhile, you can see RIDS under all the coats and then brags about paying a Mexican $14.00 to hand wash his car (his exact words, not mine) Not sure why older people here in Chicago have to add the ethnicity of the person performing the work but they do, kinda pathetic, just like the finish on his C7. Meanwhile, my car is never even noticed at family events but people get their Nike Air kneepads out and bow down in front of his car, just can't win but honestly, it doesn't matter, he has a Corvette and I have a Fiat 500, LOL.
    I hear ya man. For a lot of people it's because oh well it's a Corvette. At work, one of my co-workers drives the sedan Mazda 3 and he'll park it next to me normally. His car is black, mine is the Mazda dark blue. People really notice the difference, they see my hood without a single scratch or swirl on it and reflecting like a mirror while his black car has a ton of swirls and what not on it and doesn't really shine. Me personally, I sometimes say to my gf that "Suns out, holograms are out." There is just so many cars that drive around with the horrible holograms on their cars that I don't even bother anymore, just shake my head especially at the high end cars. My other car, people ask me who I take my car to. I tell them I don't take my car to anyone, I wash it myself. I also spent a long ass time polishing it and coating it after I bought it but people are surprised. They say to me that "Well you own a Lexus, why wouldn't you pay someone to wash it?" Because the people around here that wash it are.. well.. they run your car through a brush wash and then hand dry it.

http://doctorcarwash.ca/services/

Seriously, take a look at that. 28 dollars and 50 cents for them to run your car through a brush wash. It literally costs less at a gas station which charges about 16 dollars before taxes to get them to do a "Premium brush wash". This one is 15 minutes from where I live, and there's a Tim Hortons (Canadian popular coffee chain) beside it that I sometimes go to. Some of the guys there ask me if I want a "premium wash" I tell them I always want a premium wash, that's why only I wash it.

Anyway, I'm just ranting now. Nothing wrong with Zaino but most people I know that use it scrub it on their car and think that 50 layers will mean something. I asked one neighbour if that meant that many layers will show up on a thickness meter. He didn't really know how to answer. Well of course not, 50 layers of anything doesn't make a difference unless you were to spent days layering 50 layers of clearcoat. Besides Roger, people underestimate the Fiat 500. I saw an Abarth the other day, was confused for a second because of the Scorpion logo. We don't see a lot of Abarths here in Toronto, mostly just regular Fiats here and there, kind of like the Mini Cooper in a lot of ways. Made me laugh and wonder what you were upto.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Love Tim Hortons, grew up in Detroit or Dee-troy-ot like they say on Hockey Night in CanadaBiggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Could go for some Tim Bits and then return for soup and sandwich for lunch, that chicken noodle soupBiggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?Biggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes WillSports3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha cheers man, their soups are some of the best retail soups here, period.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Haha cheers man, their soups are some of the best retail soups here, period.
    So since we're talking food here, the smoked meat sandwich....is it THAT big of a deal? Also, is it only available in Montreal?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha montreal smoked meat is basically pastrami that was also spice rubbed with the typical steak spice seasonings. You can get it here in Canada just about anywhere. If pastrami is a big deal to you, Montreal smoked meat might be for you.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Haha montreal smoked meat is basically pastrami that was also spice rubbed with the typical steak spice seasonings. You can get it here in Canada just about anywhere. If pastrami is a big deal to you, Montreal smoked meat might be for you.
    Thanks Will, gotta get up to Canada again for sureBiggest Pet-Peeves in Detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I hate bug scarred bumpers.

12. Likes Finick, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When someone makes a thread with a full write up about a detail, and the initial post has a ton of pictures showing before and after and outlining their process that nearly takes up an entire page or more. Then several people REPLY WITH QUOTE repeating all of the photos and process again and again and again just to say 'Looks great! Good save.' Is it really necessary to repost again.

14. Likes DogRescuer, Hammer77, FocusSTguy liked this post
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast