autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

The Duragloss rinseless as a detailer is hard to beat,and the same way as a rinseless. Amazing product for the money.

The durability is pretty awesome. I haven't got it to last as long as some have on the paint,but on the outside glass it will last forever it seems.

I always like to try new stuff,but I could use the DG rinseless and be perfectly happy with the looks,slickness,and durability especially for the low price.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I read Rippy mixed it at 8:1. That's pretty rich, maybe that has something to do with it's durability ?.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

So for me I'm going to all ceramics basically and have been in a search for a good topper that I can together my clients that is easy to use and cost effective, reload has been an option but there is a learning curve which some don't want to deal with. I've tried McKees and many others and bead maker was next on the list but now I'm really considering 931 as my go getter to give to everyone and being that low in cost of course is a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I like it as a drying aid. I did have a bit of smearing one time on windows but it wiped right off. On paint it wipes really well at 2 oz. per 16 oz bottle. Not to lead anyone astray, the question I do have is how it will perform mid summer on windows. That will be the real test. I have only used it in the fall here in NC. Not drastic temps.

On a side note, RippyD now has it going a full 4 months in his test for beading water. That’s ridiculous for the cost of 64 cents per 16oz bottle of QD. I may use 931 for paint and my remaining gallons of P&S Beadmaker or McKee’s extender spray wax for windows if 931 does in fact streak. Both work great on windows.

I have tested it side by side on a hood vs Bead maker and the beads were identical. Both produce larger beading than ceramic as would be expected. Beadmaker was slicker but only by a tiny, tiny margin. Maybe I will have to recreate that test and take pics for you guys.

I’m not a detailer. But if I was, DG931 would certainly be in my arsenal for a final wipe-down. Results may vary depending where you are in the country but I would not hesitate telling anyone to pick up the small bottle of 931 to test. Really good lubricity for a Rinseless and a crazy cheap QD that is slick as heck and can last 2-4 months by itself. There is a detailer online who uses DG931 and another brand (GD) mixed together to do high end cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How is DG 931on coatings? Does it take over the DG 931 water behavior and self cleaning ability?

DG 931 would be very interesting to test.

@Cruz. What about Carpro Ech2o? It claims to be sun friendly. And don't change the coating caractics. And you get the option to do a maintance every 3-6 months on the customers vehicals. To ad some topper with longer longevity. And at the same time do some decon if necessary. Like water spot removal and fallout and tar if that has come on the car. That way the customers that don't want to do that more deeper maintance gets a topped up coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to use that for some time now and I just can't seem to get a mixture that is actually Sun friendly because it always always seems to streak
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    How is DG 931on coatings? Does it take over the DG 931 water behavior and self cleaning ability?

DG 931 would be very interesting to test.

@Cruz. What about Carpro Ech2o? It claims to be sun friendly. And don't change the coating caractics. And you get the option to do a maintance every 3-6 months on the customers vehicals. To ad some topper with longer longevity. And at the same time do some decon if necessary. Like water spot removal and fallout and tar if that has come on the car. That way the customers that don't want to do that more deeper maintance gets a topped up coating.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I've been trying to use that for some time now and I just can't seem to get a mixture that is actually Sun friendly because it always always seems to streak

They have been changing the recommended dilutions. Waterless wash is 1:5-1:15 and QD is 1:15-1:25 know. How much have you tested to diluted it? Is it hard to buff it off after the cleaning?

I spray the QD on to the mf towel with a couple of sprays. Then spreading it on the car with that. And a dry plush mf towel to wipe off the little residue that is left. The reload on the mf towel I spread it out with gets lesser as you go. So you don't get it too saturated. But that is not in an environment that you have though. And it's only Ech2o and no Reload. I used it in 1:10 dilution that way. So will dilute it more when useing dry after washing or as a drying aid next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I think I read Rippy mixed it at 8:1. That's pretty rich, maybe that has something to do with it's durability ?.

Dave
    Rippy had it mixed at 1:5.33 oz. So 3 oz for 16oz bottle which is the manufacturer recommendation. I only use 2 oz. for 16oz. bottle. That dilution may not have the longevity that the recommended rate does in Rippy’s test. The funny thing is that full strength AW only lasts a month. But diluted 931 last 4 times as long. Figure that out. Odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So for me I'm going to all ceramics basically and have been in a search for a good topper that I can together my clients that is easy to use and cost effective, reload has been an option but there is a learning curve which some don't want to deal with. I've tried McKees and many others and bead maker was next on the list but now I'm really considering 931 as my go getter to give to everyone and being that low in cost of course is a bonus.

I would hate to sway you either way since I’m not in the business. I have used BM and do like it very much. And I know it plays well with wax, sealants, and coatings. I’m not so sure about how 931 would do on a ceramic coating. But for the cost difference of 931 at $.06 per net oz vs around $.26 per net oz for BM it may be worth getting a small bottle of 931 to test on a panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if 931/932 actually contains a wax component or is that just marketing speak for polymers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Rippy had it mixed at 1:5.33 oz. So 3 oz for 16oz bottle which is the manufacturer recommendation. I only use 2 oz. for 16oz. bottle. That dilution may not have the longevity that the recommended rate does in Rippy’s test. The funny thing is that full strength AW only lasts a month. But diluted 931 last 4 times as long. Figure that out. Odd.
    Page 16 post 159 states 8:1. Was that a mistake ?

Dave

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast