autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Forced rotation polishers

As we're currently seeing some big changes and advancements in the polisher category, it's a bit hard to keep up with various options, either current or promised, to be released this year. I think Forced Rotation machines is the most evolving niche right now (since long-throws went through a recent growth spurt).

Having tried to piece together information about models and features, I started to wonder if I'm missing some obvious alternatives. so, for forced rotation only (not rotaries) and including a forced/orbital hybrid, here's the very little info I know. Could you all help fill in details or add other models?

FLEX 3401
    The most well known. Called 'the beast' for both effectiveness and effort needed to direct it. Not too picky about pad choices. Pad rotates counterclockwise.

MAKITA PO5000C
    The newest kid on the block (as of Oct 2017). Has switch to run in traditional DA or forced modes. Reports are that DA mode is basically worthless. But overall ergonomics and smoothness rate it far ahead the 3401 in forced mode. Allegedly more picky about pad choices. Pad rotates counterclockwise.

RUPES LK900E MILLE
    Not currently available yet, but in the hands of some users. Most likely on par with other RUPES machines regarding quality, smoothness and reliability. Compatibility with non-RUPES pads? Pad rotates clockwise.

FLEX XCE
    Hyped as much as the Second Coming and might be released a few days prior. Allegedly is an 'improved' version of the 3401 that runs smoother and cooler. Ergonomics are expected to be refined a bit. Pad rotation will be counterclockwise.

---

Am I missing anything about these? Or any other models expected soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forced rotation polishers

I like the flex cuz the pads spin no matter what. The long throws you have to always watch.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Flex 3401 and love it. I never cared which way the Pads were rotating. The bottom line. It's my Go-to DA and it just rocks. I always tell everyone to test a DA on a Porsche, curved panels galore. It would definitely be a staller on a free float DA.

I agree with fightnews, pads spin no matter what and it keeps on rockin!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Has there been any information on additional backing plate sizes for the Mille or makita? With the 3401 you have at least a couple different backing plate options out there, allowing for various pad sizes.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/