autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenotek Showroom Shine, is it that good?

I've read a lot of great reviews on Kenotek Showroom Shine detailing spray, for me one of the big things is that it has been reported that it attracts less dust and that's something I find very important! But doing a search for this product shows that everybody is out of stock for the smaller bottles, but I have found that the giant 5L jug is available. I normally don't buy such a large amount of something I've never tried before, but this stuff seems to have nothing but positives out there so I'm very tempted to pull the trigger and commit to a huge purchase here (keeping in mind I'm in Canada so the shipping costs are pretty high, and even if I have it shipped just across the border in the US I still have to pay a similar cost in gas to get there and back) I will be using this on my 2005 Corvette and I have ordered a 2018 Corvette to replace it, so I do go through a lot of detailing spray (I don't drive them in the rain so my car cleaning is limited to just removing dust)

So is this stuff really that good that I should commit to 5L of it?

2. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenotek Showroom Shine, is it that good?

Short answer and it's really the only answer...YES!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Short answer and it's really the only answer...YES!
    Absolutely! I've only had my bottle for a month now and LOVE it! I've been using it for post-wash water-spot wipe down, but last weekend used it as a drying aid on a wet car. I think using it as a drying aid actually looks better than applying it to the car once dry.

It does seem to cut down on some some dust accumulation compared to other products, but in my area dust and airborne particulates are off the charts due to it being harvest season since I received it. I won't have a good basis of comparison for another month.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a professional doing this for 20 plus years I've used a lot of products.I tried it and wasn't floored.If you're looking for a spray wax consider sonax brilliant shine.There all relatively the same but you may come across a product with a different twist in the formulation.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys find it streaks if you put it on in the hot sun? I often use detailing spray at the end of the work day and in the sun and so resistance to streaking is important. I don't like using detailing spray in the shade as I find I end up missing a lot of spots, but in the sun I see everything. Also, are you guys using it at full strength or mixed 50/50 with water (my go to detailing spray has been Zaino Z6 but I find it works a bit better when mixed 50/50, plus it stretches out my supply longer too!)

9. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    As a professional doing this for 20 plus years I've used a lot of products.I tried it and wasn't floored.If you're looking for a spray wax consider sonax brilliant shine.There all relatively the same but you may come across a product with a different twist in the formulation.
    I don't use it as a spray wax, so I'm sure it doesn't compare to Sonax BSD. As a drying aid/post wash water spot remover, I find it really good. Probably one of the best I've ever used.

11. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patman22 View Post
    Do you guys find it streaks if you put it on in the hot sun? I often use detailing spray at the end of the work day and in the sun and so resistance to streaking is important. I don't like using detailing spray in the shade as I find I end up missing a lot of spots, but in the sun I see everything. Also, are you guys using it at full strength or mixed 50/50 with water (my go to detailing spray has been Zaino Z6 but I find it works a bit better when mixed 50/50, plus it stretches out my supply longer too!)
    Full strength for me. I only found it to streak in the sun if I applied it too heavy. I hold the sprayer back and spray in a sweeping motion. This puts down a broad thin pattern that can easily be spread.

13. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used as a QD kinda thing, I found it preferable to Dodo Basics of Bling, WG Uber Rinseless in QD dilition, WG Instant Detail Spritz, ONR as a QD. It really does have something different in it to my eyes anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, it is

Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s no better than z6 or Adams or d155 if you ask me. If you were close I would give you several ounces to try.

I wanted to like it it just didn’t really do anything for me on black, red or white vehicles.

Nothing wrong with it but just wasn’t like oh yeah this is the end of the search.

Dust is not a factor for me. Between crop season and working next to a couple rock quarries there is always dust.

I would try spray and gloss by poorboys if you can get a that locally. that stuff is nice IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast