autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strip wash soap

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strip wash soap

I can respect everyone's opinions. She actually takes really good care of our home and car, she just thinks the car is a depreciating asset which in most cases she may not own for more than five years so she just thinks its not worth it to spend several hours a week detailing it. In her opinion that time is better spent with family and friends. I personally enjoy having a clean like new car but just cannot invest the time I use to when I was single with no family and no career. I am not passing judgement on those that have the time or make it but at the end of the day its everyone's right to do what they wish with their time. Its just for us we have learned as we get older that time has become our most valuble asset. Even though I don't have the time to detail our cars like before I still see the benefit of a good wash every two to three weeks and we keep the cars in our garage. I did some research about opt seal and seems really easy to use it as a drying aid to get some quick and easy protection on her car. The point of this thread was to get help finding a dedicated car soap that would help me clean a unprotected car without harming any of the finishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TUDM View Post
    I can respect everyone's opinions. She actually takes really good care of our home and car, she just thinks the car is a depreciating asset which in most cases she may not own for more than five years so she just thinks its not worth it to spend several hours a week detailing it. In her opinion that time is better spent with family and friends. I personally enjoy having a clean like new car but just cannot invest the time I use to when I was single with no family and no career. I am not passing judgement on those that have the time or make it but at the end of the day its everyone's right to do what they wish with their time. Its just for us we have learned as we get older that time has become our most valuble asset. Even though I don't have the time to detail our cars like before I still see the benefit of a good wash every two to three weeks and we keep the cars in our garage. I did some research about opt seal and seems really easy to use it as a dring aid to get some quick and easy protection on her car. The point of this thread was to get help finding a dedicated car soap that would help me clean a unprotected car without harming any of the finishes.
    If you start off right it doesn't take much to keep it right. Even with 2 messy minions I can get my car washed and inside vacuumed and wiped down in most cases in less then 30 mins.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me and it isn't. I would use Gyeon bathe + or carpro hydrofoam. Protect while you wash. I know that's not what you want but sounds like it could be a compromise of protection and washing. Stoner coating wash is also on the same lines. One product does it all. No excessive bottles of products or time spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    If you start off right it doesn't take much to keep it right. Even with 2 messy minions I can get my car washed and inside vacuumed and wiped down in most cases in less then 30 mins.
    Where is that like button!

TUDM: I can totally sympathize. 2.5 year old daughter, about 2 hours spent commuting every day, 8+ hour work days, and just plain life getting in the way. My cars aren't where I want them, but I still keep them clean. As mentioned, Optiseal was the first game changer for the cars appearance. I picked up Hydro Blue for my wheels (German brakes...), and ended up applying it to my whole car. Look up the videos on that stuff - I ended up doing my whole car. Both products allow for a big boost for appearance, and really trims down clean up time. I think the Mrs can see the value in that kind of paint care.

And besides - then you get some garage/driveway therapy time. Also, if you have kids, get them out there and teach them the value in taking good care of your possessions!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Where is that like button!

TUDM: I can totally sympathize. 2.5 year old daughter, about 2 hours spent commuting every day, 8+ hour work days, and just plain life getting in the way. My cars aren't where I want them, but I still keep them clean. As mentioned, Optiseal was the first game changer for the cars appearance. I picked up Hydro Blue for my wheels (German brakes...), and ended up applying it to my whole car. Look up the videos on that stuff - I ended up doing my whole car. Both products allow for a big boost for appearance, and really trims down clean up time. I think the Mrs can see the value in that kind of paint care.

And besides - then you get some garage/driveway therapy time. Also, if you have kids, get them out there and teach them the value in taking good care of your possessions!
    My kids know the rules, when getting out they need to have a least one piece of trash in hand to throw away, and they know "a Cruz rides clean" lol.

Hydro blue is good stuff, do you how it off to reduce drying?

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the OP question... Ultima car wash cleans really well and is safe for your vehicle. I like Optimum also. So many good ones it’s hard to really go wrong TBH.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care to spend much time on my wife's mini cooper so I wash it then spray on car pro hydro2 lite then rinse off and the car looks like I spent all day detailing. I have never used a product as easy to use as hydro2 that sheets water as well and looks so good on her red car.

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter mentioned the other day walking to the car how she shouldn't step in the puddles so she wouldn't bring it into the car. (Her words, not mine! )

I haven't tried blowing the car off after applying/maintenance washing Hydro Blue - I've just been hitting it with a PFM. I think first time I just did a plain wipe down, last time I did a spritz of Griot's new rinseless as a drying aid.

Truth be told, I havne't been able to get near as scientific as I'd like with my approach! Ideally I did Hydro Blue as a place holder for the decontamination wash which I would follow with a full compound/polish/coat session, but realistically too much time has passed since.

I've gotta learn to be ok with only doing a panel or two at a time which is likely my only hope for getting the job done...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TUDM View Post
    I can respect everyone's opinions. She actually takes really good care of our home and car, she just thinks the car is a depreciating asset which in most cases she may not own for more than five years so she just thinks its not worth it to spend several hours a week detailing it. In her opinion that time is better spent with family and friends. I personally enjoy having a clean like new car but just cannot invest the time I use to when I was single with no family and no career. I am not passing judgement on those that have the time or make it but at the end of the day its everyone's right to do what they wish with their time. Its just for us we have learned as we get older that time has become our most valuble asset. Even though I don't have the time to detail our cars like before I still see the benefit of a good wash every two to three weeks and we keep the cars in our garage. I did some research about opt seal and seems really easy to use it as a drying aid to get some quick and easy protection on her car. The point of this thread was to get help finding a dedicated car soap that would help me clean a unprotected car without harming any of the finishes.
    Well it seems like the wife is deciding what you do with your time.

You shouldn't have an unprotected car it makes zero sense. At least use a soap the leaves something behind then it wouldn't be so hard to clean.

Post Thanks / Like

for your needs, any carwash off the shelf will do what you're looking for
    In GOD we trust

Dave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast