autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron Decon Comparison

I am surprised that Meguiars doesn't have a competing product to IronX, or do they? CG has one, Optimum has one. Does Megs have one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I am surprised that Meguiars doesn't have a competing product to IronX, or do they? CG has one, Optimum has one. Does Megs have one?
    Megs actually has 2 color changing, iron dissolving products available.. However they're both marketed as wheel cleaners so they rarely even get mentioned.. DUB Wheel Cleaner and Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner.

I use the DUB as my iron decon for paint and never bother using it on wheels. It's the only iron decon product I buy. It also doesn't smell anything like rotten eggs, instead it smells like Pina Colada. Works good for me.

3. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    They do, just know if it’s still around, OTC

Iron Decon Comparison-71633475-7d86-4201-bc1d-d54dc3886835-jpg
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    They do, just know if it’s still around, OTC

Iron Decon Comparison-71633475-7d86-4201-bc1d-d54dc3886835-jpg
    I have DUB but I was reluctant to applying it to paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

6 Yr Old Vehicle No Iron Anywhere According TO McKee Iron Removal and Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect ? My truck is 6 yrs old and never been decon'd and both product did not show any iron even on wheel's . I don't clean it that well.
    Anyone else ever had this to happen or maybe bad product? Maybe 1 but both ?
    Thoughts , Shares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by h2chuck View Post
    6 Yr Old Vehicle No Iron Anywhere According TO McKee Iron Removal and Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect ? My truck is 6 yrs old and never been decon'd and both product did not show any iron even on wheel's . I don't clean it that well.
    Thoughts , Shares.
    How long was it on the paint?? McKee's has always removed much more iron than others. McKee's works fairly fast also. Something doesn't sound right...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts , Shares.
    I clean cars all the time that dont show color change indicating iron. I find iron on new cars more often.

Chemical Guys Iron Decon does not work well for me. Sonax, McKees and Nextzett all work well.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Iron Decon Comparison

Thoughts , Shares.
    I’ve had several vehicles with paint that shows little to no color change... Even more surprising is that I don’t think I’ve ever clayed wheels that had any noticeable embedded contaminants.

I’ve always been surprised at how many people preach about the wheels being the most susceptible area of the vehicle to have embedded contaminants, but no one ever mentions the fact that clay never picks anything off of them.. All I ever hear is “you won’t believe how much contamination is on your wheels”. But no one ever shows it. I can’t help but think of them as a bunch of exaggerators. Lol.

I challenge anyone to find a video on youtube that has someone claying their wheels and shows an extreme level of contaminants on the clay. [and I mean that clay better be coated yellow/brown after just a small section of the wheel] Never in my life have I ever seen that happen, in real life or on the internet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Thanks for the info.The Mckee's was on for about 5 min and had to remove it to keep it from drying out.I guess i got caught up in all the hype about iron removal and how much there is suppose to be !. The Mckee's and the Sonax didn't show any sign of iron and yes I thought it was strange as well.2 well known products and no iron especially on the wheels.This makes me feel some easier about what I was doing.Thanks for reading and the info.The truck turned out very well I thought.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies and info.Guess i got caught up watching some of these videos and the forum and was expecting a big result like the others say they got.I put the Mckees and the Sonax on my wifes car today and I got a litttle color on the wheels after a good wait and it was warmer today as well .I dont know if temp has a thing to do with it but that is all that was different besides the vehicle.I dont detail professionally and when you buy the good stuff it gets exspensive and you expect it to work ya know.
    Thanks again guys for the replies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast