autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me save my interior ...

I have a 2011 Audi A4. I let my 19 year old daughter drive it for the last 8 months. I have it back now and the interior is a wreck. My biggest concern is a god awful smell caused when she forgot she had a watermelon in the trunk. It rotted and burst. The seats are leather and alcantara and I’m not sure how to clean that. Finally there seems to be a film on some of the interior surfaces. I know she and her friends vaped in the car or whatever it’s called and I wonder if that’s responsible.

Whoever said boys are sloppier than girls never had a teenage daughter or at least never met mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me save my interior ...

It seems that women mostly just think a car is a big purse. That being said if my daughter treats my cars like that in 2 years when she gets a license (IF she needs to borrow it because #1 she will buy her own car) then that will be the last time and I will not let it go 8 months without some checking periodically.

I would say get yourself some Meguiar's APC and dilute it 10:1 see if that helps if not you may have to go to 4:1 for the panels. Leather I would use Griots or Meguiar's leather cleaner, alcantara maybe just some warm water and a spritz of the 10:1 APC but test an inconspicuous spot first.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Help me save my interior ...

That sucks... For the most part, girls cars usually smell like fresh watermelon bubble gum, or other appealing scents such as shampoo or perfume or generally just good because girls smell pretty amazing. Help me save my interior ...lol.

Looks like you drew the short straw this time and ended up with rotten watermelon stink.

My question is: How the heck did she allow the smell to marinate for so long until the light bulb finally turned on to think "hey does it stink like something may be rotting in here"? Smh.