autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQUK - beading reduced

Hey folks,

i've polished and coated my car 2-3 months ago and did all the prep to coat the car.

so after i had coated the car i had applied the coating and reload. after a week or so i noticed that i had alot of reload streaks that i couldn't get off anymore due to application in hot weather so i had to get it off with Essence Plus and a CarPro Gloss Pad.

now after 2 weeks or so after the essence plus i noticed that the beading was dropping on my roof and bonnet. So i sprayed some reload on there buffed it on and got it off with a damp MF towel and still i can't see any increase in water beading.

Any suggestions?

if this helps i wash my car with
    Meguiar's D11101 Shampoo Plus and use AutoBrite Magi Foam for my prewash.

Thanks! and have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQUK - beading reduced

Wash with CarPro reset or Meg's HyperWash. Or if you want to continuously see beads, use CarPro Hydrofoam.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The shampoos you using are the culprit. Use Reset from now on end.

Post Thanks / Like

Essence Plus on top of CQUK significantly and permanently reduced the tight beading of CQUK on my paint.

Post Thanks / Like

As they others says switch your schampo to carpro reset wich does not contain any wax polymer or glossenhancer. And are maid for carpros cquarts coatings. Do you think you have any waterspots and mineraldeposits from hardwater that have come from water drying after washing the car or from sprinklersystem? Either way you may be benefit from testing carpro Spotless on a small area on your car. That Will break down waterspots and that can make your cquarts uk start beading again as it did in the beginning. It is the most common problem with ceramic coatings that mineral deposits get stuck in the coating and degrade its performance over time. In your case it will have the benefit of even take away the sealants from the schampo and reload and not break down your cquarts uk. It contains acid so read instructions carefull and wear the protective gear as recommended. Anyone else with ceramic coatings can benefit from useing waterspotremoval from time to time when they feel its loosing its performance. Just make sure that the product is gentle enough as Spotless is so it doesnt take away your ceramic coating.
    Hope you can understand my english as it is not my first language.
    Best regards Tony!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Essence Plus on top of CQUK significantly and permanently reduced the tight beading of CQUK on my paint.
    I find Essence Plus almost always needs to be topped with Reload.

Post Thanks / Like

I would wash with CarPro Reset and top with reload and see how it performs going forward. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I would just hit it quickly with CarPro Essence on a white pad and then re-coat it. Not perhaps what you want to hear, but it really shouldn't take long if you've already corrected it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

How long did you leave essence plus on the paint? I ask because I too mentioned this on the carpro forum and Corey mentioned that it should be left longer like when applying a wax. He also mentioned this on one of the obsessed garage videos.

D111 shampoo plus contains gloss enhancers like gold class so that can mask the properties of an LSP. Reset would be a better choice.

I read that the streaks in reload will gradually fade away or that a strong wash with reset can minimize them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for replying, will definitly try it out and let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    How long did you leave essence plus on the paint? I ask because I too mentioned this on the carpro forum and Corey mentioned that it should be left longer like when applying a wax. He also mentioned this on one of the obsessed garage videos.

D111 shampoo plus contains gloss enhancers like gold class so that can mask the properties of an LSP. Reset would be a better choice.

I read that the streaks in reload will gradually fade away or that a strong wash with reset can minimize them.
    I applied essence with machine wich took like 1h30m and then i left the car sit in the garage for an hour prior to buffing it off. after buffing it off i did not wash it for 2-3 days and let it sit outside in the sun .

I'll purchase reset and let u guys know how it does.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kodakdave View Post
    Thank you all for replying, will definitly try it out and let you guys know.

I applied essence with machine wich took like 1h30m and then i left the car sit in the garage for an hour prior to buffing it off. after buffing it off i did not wash it for 2-3 days and let it sit outside in the sun .

I'll purchase reset and let u guys know how it does.

Thank you
    Reset is a good soap, but it can be very expensive compared to others. Just look around for a wash with little to no polymers. I believe hyper wash is good, def a few others out there for a better price. Unless you do not mind of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast