autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Cleaners???

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    For anyone that has ever used 3D Towel Kleen($18/128oz.)

and

any of the other top brands cleaners like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Mckee's(which are all priced around the same ($15-18/16oz.)

Have you ever seen anything in those top brands that would really justify paying that much more money over the 3D Towel Kleen.

$18/128oz. Compared to $18/16oz. Seems like a big difference if there isn't much of a difference in cleaning quality.
    I like the pinnacle one better then the 3d. I buy it by the gallon you only need 2oz for a large load 1oz for a small. The towels come out noticeably better when you use the right amount, less is more with stuff.

Kappy

I’m probably in the minority, but I didn’t get good results with Towel Kleen.

For several years I used Detailer’s Pro Microfiber Cleaner, which worked very well. I was finally near the end of my original gallon, and discovered that the DP Cleaner was no longer available. At the same time, there were several positive reviews for 3D Towel Kleen, and it was so much less expensive than other cleaners, I decided to try it.

After several weeks of using Towel Kleen, I noticed that while the towels were clean, they no longer felt soft and didn’t absorb the rinseless solution in the bucket the way they used to. I had just enough of the old DP Cleaner to wash one batch of towels, and it restored the softness and absorbency.

I finally bought some McKee’s 37 Microfiber Cleaner, after contacting Nick, who said it's an improved version of the original Detailer’s Pro product. All I can say is that it works as well, if not better, than the Detailer’s Pro, and while more expensive than some microfiber cleaners, a gallon will last me a few years, so it’s not a big investment.

I have found that with any of the detergents it’s better to use a little less than the recommended amount, at least until you do a few loads and get an idea of how much you need. To me, a half load or full load, as stated in the directions, doesn't have much meaning, without knowing the number of towels that's supposed to represent. If you check the washer during the rinse cycle, and still see a lot of suds, you’re probably using too much.

I don’t know if the water quality in different parts of the country affects the results, and while some might be very satisfied with Towel Kleen, for me there’s no comparison and I prefer the McKee’s 37 Microfiber Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    I have found that with any of the detergents it’s better to use a little less than the recommended amount, at least until you do a few loads and get an idea of how much you need. To me, a half load or full load, as stated in the directions, doesn't have much meaning, without knowing the number of towels that's supposed to represent. If you check the washer during the rinse cycle, and still see a lot of suds, you’re probably using too much.

Definitely, with the recommended amount of CG Fiberwash I saw very light suds but a noticeable color difference in the wash water that told me stuff was coming out of the towels for sure.

Also highly recommend using the extra rinse cycle as insurance against any leftover detergent and/or residue. And for extra insurance against my wife murdering me, I run a self clean cycle on the washer with a few ounces of vinegar in the detergent cup.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper doesn't always mean better.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    After several weeks of using Towel Kleen, I noticed that while the towels were clean, they no longer felt soft and didn’t absorb the rinseless solution in the bucket the way they used to...
    This has been my experience with 3D Towel Kleen as well. I noticed that my CarPro waffle drying towels are not as soft, so I need to find a better alternative. Unfortunately have a gallon of 3D Towel Kleen to use up first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    For anyone that has ever used 3D Towel Kleen($18/128oz.)

and

any of the other top brands cleaners like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Mckee's(which are all priced around the same ($15-18/16oz.)

Have you ever seen anything in those top brands that would really justify paying that much more money over the 3D Towel Kleen.

$18/128oz. Compared to $18/16oz. Seems like a big difference if there isn't much of a difference in cleaning quality.
    Once I found/tried 3D its all I've ever bought but because its so cost effective AND great at cleaning the towels, its on back order sometimes, so buy it when its in stock, trust me!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Microfiber Cleaners???

I should also mention that I use 3 ounces of Towel Kleen when I run a load of my mf towels and I soak them in clear detergent for a week or so until I get enough to run a load as well.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I've noticed my towels feel any less soft after using Towel Kleen. In fact, I just did a load of Gold Plush towels this weekend with it, and after they had air-dried and I was putting them away, it actually stood out to me how soft my towels were. They felt as soft as new, dare I say even softer.

Like Klasse Act, I also use about 3oz per load. The instructions say to use 2, but I'm generous with detergent even when doing normal laundry. Next time I'll have to check for foaming mid-wash like some people have suggested to make sure I'm not using too much. Hadn't considered that. But I haven't made the machine "bubbled over" yet or anything, sort of like you see in the movies.

That brings me to my one complaint about Towel Kleen, it doesn't come with a measuring cup like regular laundry detergent does. Just a standard cap on it's gallon container. The instructions say to use 2oz per load but how on earth are we supposed to know? At least regular laundry detergents tell you how many lines on the cup to use. I measured the Towel Kleen out the first few times, but now I just eyeball it à la Mike P's "glug glug" method.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllAroundGeek View Post
    This has been my experience with 3D Towel Kleen as well. I noticed that my CarPro waffle drying towels are not as soft, so I need to find a better alternative. Unfortunately have a gallon of 3D Towel Kleen to use up first.
    Welcome to the AG forum! Do you use a drying aid or WOWA sealants on your waffle weave drying towels? If you are using a spray wax/sealant as a drying aid you may want to presoak your towels in some degreaser or APC prior to washing.

How many oz. of towel kleen do you use? I have had good luck with 1oz. per 15 towels in my top loader (water wasting) washing machine.

Do you do the extra rinse cycle? In your rinse cycle have you tried adding 1-2oz. of distilled vinegar to your rinse cycle?

What other detergents or dedicated microfiber cleaners have you used in the past? Did they produce any better results?

Not trying to bombard you with questions, I'm just trying to provide suggestions because I feel bad that you have to finish up a gallon of detergent that makes your towels less absorbent.

Also, as others have mentioned you could just use it diluted 4:1 in a sprayer to clean your polishing pads. It's especially effective at breaking down waxes and sealants. Then you could buy micro-restore or another microfiber cleaner for washing your towels. Just a suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    I can't say I've noticed my towels feel any less soft after using Towel Kleen. In fact, I just did a load of Gold Plush towels this weekend with it, and after they had air-dried and I was putting them away, it actually stood out to me how soft my towels were. They felt as soft as new, dare I say even softer.

Like Klasse Act, I also use about 3oz per load. The instructions say to use 2, but I'm generous with detergent even when doing normal laundry. Next time I'll have to check for foaming mid-wash like some people have suggested to make sure I'm not using too much. Hadn't considered that. But I haven't made the machine "bubbled over" yet or anything, sort of like you see in the movies.

That brings me to my one complaint about Towel Kleen, it doesn't come with a measuring cup like regular laundry detergent does. Just a standard cap on it's gallon container. The instructions say to use 2oz per load but how on earth are we supposed to know? At least regular laundry detergents tell you how many lines on the cup to use. I measured the Towel Kleen out the first few times, but now I just eyeball it à la Mike P's "glug glug" method.
    Next time you make an order through AG, throw in a few of these 1oz. measuring cups. I use these for everything from measuring out D114 or N-914, car soaps, degreaser for soaking pads, degreaser for soaking towels, and most importantly detergent for washing towels. They are a "must have" IMO

1 oz. Measuring Cups

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast