autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

For right now, the Griots Brilliant Finish is the soap to take me through the fall monthes and I'm ok with that. Reason being is today I used the soap dispenser and that stuff worked great! I filled up about a quarter of the bottle with the soap and then lowered the bottle into the water to top it off. This really produced a lot of foam/soapy mix.

My question is this though should I just fill the entire bottle with soap or is it better to do what I did today? This is all so new to me, I like it Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

Griots Super Concentrated "Car Wash". I've been using it for s few months and it's a solid performer. Nice vanilla scent. Nice slickness and leaves nothing behind.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...CABEgKQWPD_BwE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Griots Super Concentrated "Car Wash". I've been using it for s few months and it's a solid performer. Nice vanilla scent. Nice slickness and leaves nothing behind.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...CABEgKQWPD_BwE
    I originally looked for that at AutoZone but it wasn't in stock so I had to go with option B which was their Brilliant Shine carwash, so far so good Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using that Griots Garage Brillant Shine for a while now and I'm very happy with it. I also have the RainX carwash soap too and I'm pretty happy here too. I don't let the RainX dry by itself like the directions say but maybe I will...on my wife's car, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Loving McKee's Xtreme foam more & more.

Until yesterday, I had always used it on my truck when it was barely dirty. (Could have used a rinseless).

This past month, I had zero time, and we had a lot of rain. Truck was a filthy mess.

The McKee's laughed at all that grime. Even cut through the dirt & brake dust on my chrome wheels with relative ease.

Gonna get a gallon next time. I'm sold on this.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for hyper wash, although the smell is a little cough syrup-ish but that would be my only gripe. I also do like CG citrus wash but I think it's a little harsh for maintenance washes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like wolfgang autobath and backfire wet diamond

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of soaps listed in this thread do not contain wax, but do contain gloss enhancing polymers, which are still NOT recommended for coated cars. You want a "pure" soap for coated cars. Examples would be CarPro Reset, Gyeon Bathe, CG Matte Wash, Shine Supply Shift and a few others.
    '03 Corvette Z06

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like CG Honey Dew. It works well w my foam canon and works great. I also use it on my coated cars.

When I want to strip the car down I use CG Citrus.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset, CarPro Reset, oh, and CarPro Reset. If you have a coating, Reset is the best thing you can have around for washing it. 1:500 dilution is accurate, and it cleans fantastically.

Meg's Hyper wash D110 is a great choice too, and more cost effective. Some.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast