autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paintless dent repair, would this qualify? (pic)

Hey guys, I noticed this dent on my car today in the middle of a road trip, which definitely changed my mood for the worst lol. The dent is about the size of the head of an ink pen, but in an obvious place so I really would like to get it fixed. I swear every time I look at the side of the car my eyes draw right to it. I am unsure if paintless dent repair would be able to fix it or not because its so tiny and in an odd location.

What do you guys think I could do with this? This car is my daily driver and I could live with it, but I want to keep it in the best condition I can by any means.

tiny image host

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paintless dent repair, would this qualify? (pic)

I could be wrong but I don't think that is a very good candidate for PDR.

I suspect it's too close to the edge (unless that's a single wall panel) and the edge of the dent looks fairly sharp. Either of those two conditions will more than likely exclude PDR as a repair option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02SOMSS View Post
    Hey guys, I noticed this dent on my car today in the middle of a road trip, which definitely changed my mood for the worst lol. The dent is about the size of the head of an ink pen, but in an obvious place so I really would like to get it fixed. I swear every time I look at the side of the car my eyes draw right to it. I am unsure if paintless dent repair would be able to fix it or not because its so tiny and in an odd location.

What do you guys think I could do with this? This car is my daily driver and I could live with it, but I want to keep it in the best condition I can by any means.

tiny image host
    Easy peasy not on the body line.

Post Thanks / Like

You can check and see if it's doable with the PDR guys but I doubt it.

I tend to be anal retentive about dents in the car. I have found life to be much easier just to shrug your shoulders and live with it. Give yourself a couple of weeks and reassess if the dents are keeping you up at nights.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think that is a very good candidate for PDR.

I suspect it's too close to the edge (unless that's a single wall panel) and the edge of the dent looks fairly sharp. Either of those two conditions will more than likely exclude PDR as a repair option.
    I agree 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

As a PDR person myself, this could be a yes or no situation. Some wheel openings are double walled with the inside wall being very tight to the outside. In that case, probably not doable. If there is any space between the two walls, it could probably be improved. The only tool to get this will be extremely flat and those tools make sharp pushes, so...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Shucks, not sounding good so far. Car is straight as an arrow other than this which is why I'm so bothered. Guess it might be worth checking with the PDR guy to see what can be done, if it's not fixable it could always be worse I guess. Thanks for the input guys

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to update this thread, I finally had a chance to look into this, I took it to 2 different places and they said it can't be fixed because its on the edge. Just curious, how would something like this even be repaired?

I probably will try to do it because I'm going to be done daily driving this car. I'm going to buy a $1000 beater to run around in because between the time I made this thread and now, I got yet another door ding but luckily was able to fix it. That will be the last time, not dealing with it anymore.