autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr.color chip paint match

Alright I have a customers 2007 Ford Edge when I put the paint code for the vehicle in on the site it's claiming oxidized white (YZ) but this vehicle looks silver I don't see ZY anywhere on here, I don't want to order the wrong paint so here is some photos maybe someone can help out some thank you.

Dr.color chip paint match-img_5558-jpgDr.color chip paint match-img_5563-jpgDr.color chip paint match-img_5560-jpgDr.color chip paint match-img_5559-jpgDr.color chip paint match-img_5547-jpg

CCCoating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr.color chip paint match

The paint code clearly states "ZY" on the sticker, but you are correct. That vehicle surely doesn't look like Oxford White as Dr. Colorchip reports. It looks more like HJ Pewter Metallic. You may have to have the dealer run the vin and get the correct paint code. Perhaps even check another location on the vehicle (dash board near the windshield / drivers side) where the vin is imprinted and make sure they match.

I actually had a discrepancy on "YEAR" on my EcoBoost Mustang. Window Sticker said 2016, however, two different insurance companies, including State of NH and State of AZ both claimed it was a 2017.

You'll either need to talk to a body guy or ford parts guy. Ford Parts should be able to pull it up by VIN. (Parts guy will just be a phone call).

On another note, you'll probably want to squirt and squeegee that bumper cover. Bumper covers are tricky with Dr. Color chip. I've seen at times where product is a little too thin and won't adhere to the plastic.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr.color chip paint match

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    The paint code clearly states "ZY" on the sticker, but you are correct. That vehicle surely doesn't look like Oxford White as Dr. Colorchip reports. It looks more like HJ Pewter Metallic. You may have to have the dealer run the vin and get the correct paint code. Perhaps even check another location on the vehicle (dash board near the windshield / drivers side) where the vin is imprinted and make sure they match.

I actually had a discrepancy on "YEAR" on my EcoBoost Mustang. Window Sticker said 2016, however, two different insurance companies, including State of NH and State of AZ both claimed it was a 2017.

You'll either need to talk to a body guy or ford parts guy. Ford Parts should be able to pull it up by VIN. (Parts guy will just be a phone call).

On another note, you'll probably want to squirt and squeegee that bumper cover. Bumper covers are tricky with Dr. Color chip. I've seen at times where product is a little too thin and won't adhere to the plastic.

Good luck!
    Was going to sand then apply let dry then buff and prolly little more sanding

CCCoating