autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best "Deep Gloss" Sealant that looks like Carnauba and lasts 6+ months?

Meguiar's M20 Polymer Sealant would be something to conaider too.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105 or Menzerna Powerlock.

Post Thanks / Like

What I did is Wolfgangs Deep gloss, 2 coats. Then as a topper to that I put on the Pinnacle Souveran over the sealant to get that deep warm glow from wax. I must say I am more than pleased.

Wolfgangs takes some work and some forethought. Make sure you read instructions. Basically when you put it on you let it dry for a half hour then you buff it off. It goes on easy, it takes some work to get off. Not impossible but some elbow grease. However here is the key thing, don't go anywhere or drive for 12 hours. It is actually still curing. So this is a weekend end project. It is water based so getting water on your vehicle even dew can affect the lifetime of it. So you want to basically wash it, dry it really good including using a blow dryer to get all the little cracks and crevasses where water hides, do a good clay bar and polish, then apply the wolfgangs. Put in the garage or covered parking for 12 hours. Plan this out if your going to need food etc, grocery, and don't have another car. If your doing 2 coats, next day, wipe it down any dust that got on it and apply second coat. Again put the car away for 12 hours. If you are waiting until the following weekend you can just do a wash, dry really good, then apply coat, no need for polish etc.

Pinnacle Souveran now this is probably the easiest thing I every used. Again I was putting on over Wolfgangs the following weekend. Wash your car, dry it really well. Then this is a wipe on wipe off. Don't let it dry. So apply it to a body panel wipe it off the panel. Move on to next. How long does all this last. I have not idea I am still waiting for it, it had only been a few weeks since I did this. They say 6 months, but we will see. I may not see it end as I will be reapplying in October to get me through winter.

This is a shot after wiping off second coat of wolfgangs.

Here is after the topper of Pinnacle Souveran. The difference in the topper is very subtle, almost impossible to see unless you see your car daily. I noticed it but again very subtle. I like it though

Post Thanks / Like

NuFinish. Only one coat a year!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised you said it took elbow grease to removed Wolfgang. I found it to wipe away so easy. Maybe you didn't wait long enough or used too much. Or the environment conditions weren't ideal. But in my experience it wipes away without even any pressure on the towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, not sure. My experience it takes some work to get off. Maybe too much but I tried going thin even coat. The weather was fine. Dry, high 70s, I was in the shade. Not sure if on too long is a thing. I applied it to whole vehicle then I set a timer for half hour. So was probably on 45 min to an hour, seemed dry. It just took some work.to rub off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsRealm View Post
    What I did is Wolfgangs Deep gloss, 2 coats. Then as a topper to that I put on the Pinnacle Souveran over the sealant to get that deep warm glow from wax. I must say I am more than pleased.

Pinnacle Souveran now this is probably the easiest thing I every used. Again I was putting on over Wolfgangs the following weekend. Wash your car, dry it really well. Then this is a wipe on wipe off. Don't let it dry. So apply it to a body panel wipe it off the panel. Move on to next. How long does all this last. I have not idea I am still waiting for it, it had only been a few weeks since I did this. They say 6 months, but we will see. I may not see it end as I will be reapplying in October to get me through winter.

If you liked Pinnacle Souveran....you will love McKees Trademark Carnauba

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgangs takes some work and some forethought. Make sure you read instructions. Basically when you put it on you let it dry for a half hour then you buff it off. It goes on easy, it takes some work to get off. Not impossible but some elbow grease. However here is the key thing, don't go anywhere or drive for 12 hours. It is actually still curing. So this is a weekend end project. It is water based so getting water on your vehicle even dew can affect the lifetime of it. So you want to basically wash it, dry it really good including using a blow dryer to get all the little cracks and crevasses where water hides, do a good clay bar and polish, then apply the wolfgangs. Put in the garage or covered parking for 12 hours. Plan this out if your going to need food etc, grocery, and don't have another car. If your doing 2 coats, next day, wipe it down any dust that got on it and apply second coat. Again put the car away for 12 hours. If you are waiting until the following weekend you can just do a wash, dry really good, then apply coat, no need for polish etc.

Here is after the topper of Pinnacle Souveran. The difference in the topper is very subtle, almost impossible to see unless you see your car daily. I noticed it but again very subtle. I like it though
    Thanks for the detailed information and pics JeffsRealm
    I'm not sure if I'll have time to do 2 coats though... 24 hours.

I've read from a LOT of people that Pinnacle Souveran wax is a miracle wax that super easy to apply/remove and great gloss.
    Is it really THAT great?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed information and pics JeffsRealm
    I'm not sure if I'll have time to do 2 coats though... 24 hours.

I've read from a LOT of people that Pinnacle Souveran wax is a miracle wax that super easy to apply/remove and great gloss.
    Is it really THAT great?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    NuFinish. Only one coat a year!
    Your wrong, it takes two coats to last a year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast