autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Megs maroon has far more cut than HDO orange, not a fair comparison.
    Yes I know. Not getting a true blue comparison is exactly what's sort of bugging me, but I didn't put that in my post because there's nothing I can do about it for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan gave me a bottle to test, but I've only done 2 silver cars in descent shape and hard to photograph. I love the ease of use and shine. I want to test it on a darker color with lots of swirls and document it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Meghan gave me a bottle to test, but I've only done 2 silver cars in descent shape and hard to photograph. I love the ease of use and shine. I want to test it on a darker color with lots of swirls and document it.
    Same here, I'm going to use it on a white horse trailer soon. Next will be a dark gray 4Runner. Neither have ever had paint correction.

I might be able to get my hands on a 20+ year old Black Mercedes that probably has never had paint correction, it has been well cared for though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be using it on a few cars this weekend. So I'll document how it goes

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I tested D166 on my Prius spoiler which is very high-gloss black and very soft composite (not metal) but it is CC over black paint. This was not a controlled test and not very scientific, just an activity I did in the late afternoon prior to shutting down my home detailing operation for the day.

This black spoiler swirls just looking at it. The sun was already too far down to take photos but half was with D166 and half was with 360. I used a white LC Thinpro pad with my GG3 set at 4. The 360 kicked butt over the D166. It was no contest. Again, this is totally unscientific with no controls in place. I'll try the D166 on the paint of my wife's Prius which is a few years older. It is in pretty good shape already but could probably use an AIO treatment before the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I tested D166 on my Prius spoiler which is very high-gloss black and very soft composite (not metal) but it is CC over black paint. This was not a controlled test and not very scientific, just an activity I did in the late afternoon prior to shutting down my home detailing operation for the day.

This black spoiler swirls just looking at it. The sun was already too far down to take photos but half was with D166 and half was with 360. I used a white LC Thinpro pad with my GG3 set at 4. The 360 kicked butt over the D166. It was no contest. Again, this is totally unscientific with no controls in place. I'll try the D166 on the paint of my wife's Prius which is a few years older. It is in pretty good shape already but could probably use an AIO treatment before the winter.
    Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Pics?
    I have some but they suck because of no light. I went over the other half with 360 once I chose the winner. That was my plan all along. If D166 won I would have gone over the 360. It was getting dark so I had to hurry. Tomorrow I might think differently but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it on several different cars so far, all at my expense since I'm still in evaluation mode. But from the initial examples I've done, my plan is to offer a better finish on daily driven cars for a small upcharge. Most of the daily driven cars I do are given Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant because they need a little cleaning. This D166 can deliver quite a bit more clarity, with the same protection, for only a slight increase in application time. As an example, we can apply #20 to an average size car in 20 minutes. It may take 40 with the D166, accounting for a little extra spin time. But I plan to upcharge $50. Customer gets a cleaner, clearer finish, and I make an extra buck.

And I love the smell!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678