autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Favorite Waterless Wash

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • McKee's 37 N-914

39 27.08%
  • Optimum Opti Clean

28 19.44%
  • Griots Waterless Spray-On Car Wash

5 3.47%
  • McKee's 37 Waterless Wash

12 8.33%
  • Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

57 39.58%
  • Chemical Guys EcoSmart

4 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Waterless Wash

I've only ever used UWW+, so I guess it's my favorite by default. However, I still think it's an excellent product since it works well, it's cost-effective and smells great. I mainly use it as a cheap drying aid after each bucket wash. But I've also used it for cleaning door jams, and just the other day for as a rinseless wash, although ORN is much more cost effective for that. But nonetheless, UWW+ is a versatile product as it can be used as a waterless wash, a rinseless wash, a quick detailer and a clay lube. This versatility is something I always appreciate in my detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the blackfire waterless and the mckees but the mckees is rinseless or detail spray. Ive never seen an answer to whether or not the mckees could be used as a waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Different products. N-914 is riseless/waterless, so different process than Megs Wash and Wax which is a traditional wash product + some wax. If you like it and like traditional washes, I'd stick with it. N-914 has no wax or other glossifiers. Ech2o does add gloss. It's also rinseless/waterless product.
    no hes talking about the waterless wash miguiars has. "wash and wax anywhere". Mckees is good i think to clean the car before waxing or using a spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirTanon View Post
    I've been using Pinnacle Liquid Crystal WW for some time now, and I've also got a bottle of Wolfgang Uber RW that I use as a WW when I don't want to leave any wax.. Both seem to work quite well for me, and both smell awesome. I've even mixed the two on more than one occasion to add some protection and up the shine.

I'm surprised nobody else on this thread has mentioned Pinnacle.. Is it just not as good, or is it just that others are more of the 'teacher's pets' ?
    I think its because the pinnacle is only for paint. A lot of these other ones can do paint, glass, plastic, rubber, chrome, everything. Thats a big plus when doing a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I think its because the pinnacle is only for paint. A lot of these other ones can do paint, glass, plastic, rubber, chrome, everything. Thats a big plus when doing a waterless wash.
    I regularly use Pinnacle on my windshield, and it does a great job at both cleaning the windshield to a beautiful clarity, and helping the water blow off at high speeds - I pretty much don't need to use my wiper on the highway after cleaning the windshield with Pinnacle.. at least for a few days. I also use it to clean light grime off my chrome wheels and grille, with great results. Heck, I'd use it on my interior plastics, but I've got Aerospace 303 for that.

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing I will admit is...I have not tried M37 N914 yet...

I went through a few of the RW's and after about 3-4 I settled on and bought a 128 oz bottle of ONR. That won my own little test. I like how it leaves my paint and seems to look even better the next day.

At 128 oz. I may give that bottle to my kids!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirTanon View Post
    I regularly use Pinnacle on my windshield, and it does a great job at both cleaning the windshield to a beautiful clarity, and helping the water blow off at high speeds - I pretty much don't need to use my wiper on the highway after cleaning the windshield with Pinnacle.. at least for a few days. I also use it to clean light grime off my chrome wheels and grille, with great results. Heck, I'd use it on my interior plastics, but I've got Aerospace 303 for that.
    is that the liquid crystal waterless wash? Ive always heard it wasn't good on glass? thats why i dont use it much

Post Thanks / Like

I never had a problem with it (the pinnacle) anymore than on paint. Just not much need for a waterless with wax on my cars currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for UWW only because ECHO2 was not on the list.

10. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised so many people use ONR as waterless wash. In my opinion it is an inferior product compared to a dedicated waterless wash

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast