autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which power washer? Quiet, commercial use.

Hey guys

Which powerwasher do you recommend?

Features required:
    Quiet (relatively)
    Commercial use (everyday)

Ideal feature required:
    Compact.

Are the Honda ones the benchmark workhorse?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which power washer? Quiet, commercial use.

I think Honda engines are the benchmark but they are not quiet.

Perhaps a little more quiet than other brands but they are still loud.

The other alternative is an electric commercial pressure washer. I have one and I really like it. It's quiet, shuts off when you release the trigger, 1500 psi and 2 gpm.

The only drawback is that they draw close to 18-20 amps. On start up they can draw almost 3x the amperage. Unfortunately I can't take it mobile since I can't find a generator that's not too big and yet quiet.

I had to have a dedicated 30 amp circuit installed at the house for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Guessing that you want something relatively quiet, I'm thinking you are heading towards an electric washer. Depending on what you are mostly going to be doing with it makes a difference & also whether or not you want/need something mobile.

I have always had a good run out of Karcher pressure washers, be it gas, electric, heated or cold. Karcher make a really nice wall mounted unit too if a mobile machine isn't necessary.

Another great brand that is more so on the commercial/industrial side of machines is TechnoMech. At our shop I use a TechnoMech pressure washer that is electric with a diesel burner for heating the water. It has adjustable heat & pressure & also a chemical tank to add your favourite foam/soap that at a turn of a switch, will run through the pressure lance. Also sports a Bertolini ceramic pump which have bulletproof reliability.

Budget, uses, hot/cold, electric/gas, fixed/mobile are all factors to consider. Hope I helped in some way, happy shopping.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys

Thanks so much for the detailed responses. I ended up order Generac one at 2500PSI. I wanted a Karcher but I can't find one with low PSI. Lowest is 3000. My staff use this so I want to make it idiot proof (myself potentially being one too). Will look into the TechnoMech - the heater is very interesting because we do get ppl who want details in the winter (below freezing temps).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikehookipa View Post
    Hey guys

Thanks so much for the detailed responses. I ended up order Generac one at 2500PSI. I wanted a Karcher but I can't find one with low PSI. Lowest is 3000. My staff use this so I want to make it idiot proof (myself potentially being one too). Will look into the TechnoMech - the heater is very interesting because we do get ppl who want details in the winter (below freezing temps).

Funny you mention that. First job yesterday wash a prep washing in -4c & my wash pad was freezing over as the water hit the ground. Any pressure washer I have had or have now, I always put a pressure regulator on the gun in between the gun & lance & to change the pressure you simply twist it. Only a few dollars too.

Great news you found one to suit your needs.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer