autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Compounding new Car?

I bought nee black accord last month and first thing I did was to apply cquartz uk. My car went back to dealership two times for repairs and despite me telling them not to wash my car but they did. Now car has scratches on it and I was going to polish it using pure polish but read on forum that it is not effective. Compound is effective but I want to stay away. I do not want to remove too much clear in that early life of car. I have 3m finesse it but that leaves micro marring.
    My question is: can I use mothers scratch remover with meguires da attachment? Or mothers pure polish would be good too with Maguire's da attachment

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compounding new Car?

I would go with an AIO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks!

I haven't tried it, but maybe CarPro's Essence Plus will help in this situation. Or maybe others that have will let you know if it will work. I'd hate to see compound it off and have to do it over again.

CarPro Essence PLUS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manubuttar View Post
    I bought nee black accord last month and first thing I did was to apply cquartz uk. My car went back to dealership two times for repairs and despite me telling them not to wash my car but they did. Now car has scratches on it and I was going to polish it using pure polish but read on forum that it is not effective. Compound is effective but I want to stay away. I do not want to remove too much clear in that early life of car. I have 3m finesse it but that leaves micro marring.
    My question is: can I use mothers scratch remover with meguires da attachment? Or mothers pure polish would be good too with Maguire's da attachment
    Compound or Polish, either way you're going to remove just enough clear coat to remove the swirls so it's of little difference other than the amount of effort you're going to need to put into it to do so. Overall it's extremely minimal removal so don't stress.

t's a Honda which has soft clear coat so it won't take much. Likely just an orange pad and some Meg's Ultimate Compound and depending on the buffer, just a few passes. Make another 1-2 with a good polish to ensure it's super clear.

All that said, I'd suggest HDSpeed and some Orange Pads. 3-4 passes with medium pressure is all you'll likely need. There are any number of combinations you can use though. Product is key, pads come next and overall go for as little as you need to do to correct it. Again, I would bet just a light polish will do it. Been there done that on many Honda's. Meg's Ultimate Polish / M205 is a great polish to use.

Here's a much worse condition Minivan done with HD Adapt, now HDCut and HDSpeed. Cut was on orange pads, HDSpeed done with Green pads. HDAdapt/Cut got me through the swirls and correction quickly and HDSpeed polished and sealed her up quickly. Key is not to have to spend all day doing it.

Before:
    http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/im...4/original.jpg

After:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/im...8/original.jpg
    http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/im...5/original.jpg

This Black Accord was just a little less for wear and was done with just HDSpeed and orange pads on a Flex 3401:
    2012 Honda Accord (Gallery) Photo Gallery by Private at pbase.com
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't compound or polish off your Cquartz yet... Listen to Mantilgh's advice.

Post Thanks / Like

i'd try carpro +essence plus+first before you compound it off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    That stinks!

I haven't tried it, but maybe CarPro's Essence Plus will help in this situation. Or maybe others that have will let you know if it will work. I'd hate to see compound it off and have to do it over again.

CarPro Essence PLUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Don't compound or polish off your Cquartz yet... Listen to Mantilgh's advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    i'd try carpro +essence plus+first before you compound it off!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for great advice. I will start with car pro essence. Can carpro essense used with Maguire's da attachment? If it doesnt cut it then I will proceed with what more compound as suggested by members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manubuttar View Post
    Thank you all for great advice. I will start with car pro essence. Can carpro essense used with Maguire's da attachment? If it doesnt cut it then I will proceed with what more compound as suggested by members
    Remember there are two versions of essence. One is essence and the other is essence plus. Essence has abrasives in it. Essence+ contains no abrasives. Essence+ is used to repair a coating by filling in the minor imperfections. It will leave a layer of protection behind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can carpro essence used on top of cquartz? As per carpro website it's for prepping before cquartz. Can I use essence then apply coat of cquartz ( have full bottle) again then reload? I will also purchase essence plus for future use on top of cquartz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast