autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dewalt 849x vs Hitachi

I was about to pull the trigger on PE 14 realizing its probably the best choice for me. However in a moment of clarity it's too much money for something I'll use 4-8 times a year. So it comes down to either the well loved here Dewalt or the Hitachi that doesn't get much love here. Same price and the Hitachi is 6.2 lb.vs 6.7 lb. for the Dewalt. Both spin down to 600 rpms. I'm wondering about noise and smoothness and which tends to walk less. Anyone have first hand experience comparing the two?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dewalt 849x vs Hitachi

Refreshing this post hoping to get a response.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post

I was about to pull the trigger on PE 14 realizing its probably the best choice for me. However in a moment of clarity it's too much money for something I'll use 4-8 times a year. So it comes down to either the well loved here Dewalt or the Hitachi that doesn't get much love here.
    The reason the Hitachi doesn't get much love or TALK here is because it's not sold on the Autogeek store, thus no action.

I've used the Hitachi a few times back when I worked for Meguiar's as one of the guys that came to my TNOGs had one and would bring it with him.

I though it was a well made tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post

Same price and the Hitachi is 6.2 lb.vs 6.7 lb. for the Dewalt. Both spin down to 600 rpms. I'm wondering about noise and smoothness and which tends to walk less. Anyone have first hand experience comparing the two?
    Been too long for me to remember any specifics about the Hitachi but when it comes to USE - all rotary buffers are going to pull the same way as they all rotate a pad the same way.

Because the Hitachi isn't sold on the AG store so historically one of moderators would move this thread to the Moderators Forum, out of site.

Just saying.... and here's this,

The Flex PE14 Rotary Polisher - The rotary I grab first...

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher, FLEX circular polisher, rotary buffer, circular buffer, FLEX PE14

Post Thanks / Like

If it helps..... I have an 849x and use it often. It it the rotary I usually grab first. Solidly built machine. To say it is better than another brand........ that's a matter of personal opinion. I will say I have many hours on mine and never experienced a problem thus far.
    Jim