autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Switching from Wolfgang Coating to CarPro Cquartz

I've had Wolfgang Uber Coating on my cars for about 2 years. It's held up great and I've even thought about re-applying Wolfgang Uber Coating again but I think I want to give CarPro Cquartz a shot.

I know I need to polish to remove Wolfgang Coating. Normally I would use Menzerna 3500 or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze but since I'll be using CarPro Cquartz, could I just use Essence then apply CarPro Cquartz? Is it aggressive enough to remove whatever Wolfgang Coating I have left on my car? This is my daily driver I'm still satisfied with the condition of the paint (almost no swirls). Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Switching from Wolfgang Coating to CarPro Cquartz

That's a plan.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do a good wash, chemical and mech decon, a designated polish and THEN re-coat, its the only way to know you've gotten it stripped and properly cleaned for a brand new coating, no guessing games doing it like this....just my .05 cents worth (inflation)
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If you do want to try CQuartz, I have a lot of Hyper Polish and a couple bottles of Essence if you wanted to use either or both. How's your sister's Accord holding up? Didn't we put CQ on that?

Post Thanks / Like

I used Flex 3401, white Force pad & M205 to polish a car that had WG Uber applied last year. (After wash, decon, clay)

Washed after polish and it acted like unprotected paint although that's not 100% guarantee coating was gone; at some point ya just gotta believe.

Gyeon Prep wipedown the applied a couple of layers if different coating. No issues.

Considering that 2 weeks after WG application last year I removed a high spot with WG Finishing Glaze and light spot polish by hand, have to believe the M205 had no trouble removing it.

FWIW, the WG Uber didn't make it through the NE Ohio winter on a daily driver; lost pretty much all *visible* protection on vertical panels. Anorher Car which had WG Uber that was stored over last winter was still going strong this Spring after a year (or half year of use).

Uber is nice and does well but for me lacked the durability on daily year round drivers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I would do a good wash, chemical and mech decon, a designated polish and THEN re-coat, its the only way to know you've gotten it stripped and properly cleaned for a brand new coating, no guessing games doing it like this....just my .05 cents worth (inflation)
    I'll definitely be performing a good wash and chemical/mechanical Devon before polishing. Just wondering if anyone knows if CarPro Essence is aggressive enough to remove Wolfgang Uber Coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    If you do want to try CQuartz, I have a lot of Hyper Polish and a couple bottles of Essence if you wanted to use either or both. How's your sister's Accord holding up? Didn't we put CQ on that?
    Thanks Don! I still have a bottle of Essence that I purchased about a year ago. Her Accord is still good. In addition to the normal wash I apply reload every other month or so. It's holding up well which is why I'm going to go with CarPro Cquartz this time. I think we applied CQUK, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that after a proper decon wash and clay, that Essence should be sufficient to remove your degraded Uber coating and leave behind a proper base for your Cquartz to bond to...

I say go for it!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."