autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Recommendation Needed

Hey guys,
    I just got a 2017 Tahoe in black. Having new truckitis, and the fact that my job is at the end of a 1/4 mile dirt road I try and wash my truck every 3 days or so to keep her looking presentable. All I`m doing is running poorboys slick foam wash with a pressure washer and then Slick and Suds with wax as a quick scrub down wash, then I just dry her off with a couple of amazing microfiber towels that i got from Griot`s Garage. In about 20 min I`m done with the outside.

Since I don`t have time to give her a proper wax job, I`m looking for a quick (if possible) spray wax or spray and buff product to try and keep the paint protected after these quick washes that I give the truck. So I guess I`m looking for a maintenance product used after a quick wash that will protect the paint.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Recommendation Needed

Duragloss Aquawax is at the top of my list. In your case, I'd avoid products claiming to have a carnauba component (due to dust adherence). Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax is another good one. There are lots of options- any spray wax AG sells will serve you well.

You could also look into a WOWA sealant (wipe on walk away). Examples are Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP) and Blackfire Crystal Seal. Both are stellar products. You literally spray a spritz or two per panel, spread with an applicator, and they "flash" away before your eyes. UPGP flashes super fast- like right behind your applicator when you're spreading it. BFCS takes a little longer to flash and seems to go on a little thicker. You could use one of these sealants every couple of months. It literally takes like 10 minutes to seal a vehicle. And then you can use Aquawax as a drying aid after washes if you wish, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Crystal Seal gets my vote.

Super quick and easy application, and looks great. Pretty decent protection too, especially for how quick and easy it is to use
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace Quick Wax will give you what you need, very underated product! Once you use it you'll be glad you did, sleeper product in a sea of new products this year👍👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    303 Aerospace Quick Wax will give you what you need, very underated product! Once you use it you'll be glad you did, sleeper product in a sea of new products this year����

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    I just tried it today for the first time. No streaking, super easy wipe off. Nice shine. Doubles as a detail spray for light dust removal. Not as slick as some other spray waxes. I'm anxious to see the water behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Carnauba, you can count on 4-6 weeks of good solid protection.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax, spray car wax, aerosol wax
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Carnauba, you can count on 4-6 weeks of good solid protection.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax, spray car wax, aerosol wax
    Second, when I got my new (used) car in June last year, I didn't have time to do a proper wash and sealant on it until the following spring. Rinseless washes with Midnight Sun spray wax as a drying aid made the black paint super slick and shiny and got me through a New York winter.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

If i lived on a dirt road (again - long time ago), I would try Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. There's a thread on her where a poster referenced to a video made by another poster (The guy who runs a detail business with his sister), the dust shedding capabilities of Fast Finish compared to Reload. Impressive. Maybe someone can post the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    If i lived on a dirt road (again - long time ago), I would try Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. There's a thread on her where a poster referenced to a video made by another poster (The guy who runs a detail business with his sister), the dust shedding capabilities of Fast Finish compared to Reload. Impressive. Maybe someone can post the thread.
    ^^ another solid choice considering the OP's circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast