autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got a TorqX and some VSS... very exited. Some questions

Welcome to AGO. Make sure you do a test spot to determine what pad to start with. I use the HexLogic (orange) pads and really like them. Do not sell the Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax short, but realize it's not actually wax but a polymer-based sealant. I use it, and IMO, it's one of the better over-the-counter sealants you can buy. If you bought a kit, odds are you did not get multiples of any one pad. I'd recommend purchasing some more before you begin. Trying to do the car with one pad could be problematic.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah VSS is swirl and scratch remover. CG talks about it like it's a one step, but I picked up some Meguiars ultimate polish in case I need something to clean it up.

So thanks again. To Briar, how many pads would it usually take to do a full car? I did get a kit. I was planning on doing a section or two per session. I have three little kids so I doubt I'll ever have time to do the whole car at once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    Yeah VSS is swirl and scratch remover. CG talks about it like it's a one step, but I picked up some Meguiars ultimate polish in case I need something to clean it up.

So thanks again. To Briar, how many pads would it usually take to do a full car? I did get a kit. I was planning on doing a section or two per session. I have three little kids so I doubt I'll ever have time to do the whole car at once.
    I'm far from an expert....so hopefully others will add their opinions....but I go through 4-6 pads doing a one-step (HD Speed) on my pickup.....fewer for the HD Poxy topper. If you're going to order more, and decide to stick with HexLogic, I prefer the Quantums to the regular...less heat build up in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm far from an expert....so hopefully others will add their opinions....but I go through 4-6 pads doing a one-step (HD Speed) on my pickup.....fewer for the HD Poxy topper. If you're going to order more, and decide to stick with HexLogic, I prefer the Quantums to the regular...less heat build up in my experience.
    Your truck is huge, Briar. But I agree on the 4-6.

On my regular cab truck, I can do a full HD Speed with 4. No problem. I use LC flat pads. I think they work better than hex pads (IMO) and lend themselves to Mike P's "clean on the fly method" much better as well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

So when do you know you need a new pad? What's the criteria?

Also, I assume you guys clean them right? I got pad cleaner in the kit. These aren't super disposable are they?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12