autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can anyone weigh in on TopCoat F11?

I tried it. Glad I didn’t pay for it. Friend gifted to me. I could not get it to last more than one wash. Or one rain. Or one week. Lol. It did a good job at gloss and slicking something up. Just did not last at all. And the price of that stuff is out of this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was intrigued when I first saw the advertisement and the video. I was completely turned off when I saw something in their video that was obvious fraud. They showed an image that they claim was a crack in the surface of steel magnified thousands of times with an electron microscope. The crack resembled the Grand Canyon and I am convinced that it was the Grand Canyon. You can clearly see blue sky and clouds in the background.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I was intrigued when I first saw the advertisement and the video. I was completely turned off when I saw something in their video that was obvious fraud. They showed an image that they claim was a crack in the surface of steel magnified thousands of times with an electron microscope. The crack resembled the Grand Canyon and I am convinced that it was the Grand Canyon. You can clearly see blue sky and clouds in the background.
    Is this what you’re talking about?

The narrator says “it looks like it’s the Grand Canyon [that was supposed to be funny] but it’s actually magnified thousands of times, it’s a crack in the surface of steel”

...It’s pretty hard to believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is this what you’re talking about?

The narrator says “it looks like it’s the Grand Canyon [that was supposed to be funny] but it’s actually magnified thousands of times, it’s a crack in the surface of steel”

...It’s pretty hard to believe.
    Yes that's it. It seems too hokey to me. I immediately lose faith in a product or company that resorts to such tactics. I have also never heard from a customer that says they are crazy about the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Yes that's it. It seems too hokey to me. I immediately lose faith in a product or company that resorts to such tactics. I have also never heard from a customer that says they are crazy about the product.
    I agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like

The closest comparisson I have seen for this product is Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax D156. This product cost about 20 times less than F11.

F11 has no durability. In durability tests I have seen, it was the first one to fail.

F11 doesn't really fill, it make the paint shiny, yes, most likelly silicone in the mix.

There is a lot of hype around this product and if it sold for a reasonable price I am sure we would be happy to find a place for it in our arsenals. But as it stands, it is an overpriced product that promisses a lot and fails to deliver on all fronts.

7. Thanks osiapstndp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    My understanding is that it's a spray sealant.

You're probably fine continuing with Opti-Seal.
    Opti-seal is a much better product than F11.

Odd that a sealant created by a world class chemist would outperform some snake oil from facebook... shocking!

9. Likes UncleDavy, GAMBIT61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c2h5oh View Post
    I ordered a "free sample".... 3 - 2 oz spray bottles with 3 microfiber cloths for almost $20 (shipping and handling). Topcoat quoted that the usual shipping time was within 48 hrs. Well 8 days later the shipment wasn't made. A couple of times during the 8 days I emailed "customer service" and asked when the order might ship. I almost immediately received a auto-reply saying that someone would review my request and get back to me. Well.. after 8 days I notified them that is someone in "customer service" didn't actually get back to me by noon the next day I would cancel the order. So... noon came and went. No reply. I called their 800 number and told the person on the line that I was cancelling the order. She said "just a minute" and went off to check the status of the order. She came back and said that the "fulfillment company" was running behind because of the holidays and would be shipping my order shortly.... I cancelled anyway. They had enough chances.

Customers Beware.
    And you saved yourself 20$

11. Likes PaulMys, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now there are at least two more products of that type all over Facebook now. Probably similarly crappy.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked into this and based on the demos and reviews i saw, i thought this is just WD-40 in a spray bottle. Try spraying WD-40 in light scratched and you will see the same effect, and same durability (or lack thereof)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast