autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I over thinking it? Plus Stubborn Bird Poop...

Amateur here. Just trying to maintain the appearance of DD vehicles which live in harsh environment. Daily dusting of dirt plus bombs of crap from apparently mutant birds. Never ending cycle but now the trucks are shiny under the film! Getting hard to justify all the AG purchases to wife now though.

On wife's car 2 days ago I IronX, ONR washed, Nanoskin Clay, DG 901 wash, BF TPS and then BF CS 2x. I picked the BF products (marketing maybe?) mostly because the CS was reported to be super easy to apply and it was. After 6 hours I literally didn't want to go on so happy that the CS takes all of 10 mins max. Hopefully it will be durable.
    Should I buy BF Rinseless if I have the CS (to keep it in the same family of polymers?) or is that crazy talk? Is it strong enough cleaning wise? Wash with ONRWW just fine?

ONRWW - the more I use it the more I like it. It seems to do the majority of what I want without too much set up / clean up on my end. However it doesn't seem to cut through bird poop that well. I blast with hose. I pre soak with QD dilution. I see the ONRWW working but still it doesn't come off without me applying pressure of some sort and sometimes very firm pressure at that... Not waiting long enough? Ideally I'd catch them fresh but in life that is nearly impossible so it's baked on.... Still have half of 32 oz bottle but at worse I'll use it for door jams and such.

DG 901/902 - I bought this because it is supposed to be super slick. Hard for me to compare lubricity but seemed decent. I didn't think it was great at cleaning though and I thought it marred my paint using GDWM. This was after a foam gun soak as well. So far I liked it best when I 1.5x dose in a bucket (to compensate for hard water) to use as a clay lube on top of using ONRWW spray. User error? I still have 95% of the gallon left. Any other ways I can go about it to use the remainder?

Been reading that Meguiars d115 might be a good all in one product for me. I don't want to accumulate more that what I have... If I use it at waterless wash dilution is that strong enough for the bird poop and filth. It is supposedly a strong cleaner.

Thanks
    Last edited by honda99ex; 07-12-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I over thinking it? Plus Stubborn Bird Poop...

Use this for bird bombs first... Poorboy’s World Bird Sh#t Remover, bird dropping stain removal car

Then wash with your ONRWW. No need to get BF Rinseless unless you want to try it out.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soak a towel with the rinse less wash solution and set it over the bird poop. Let the bird poop get "re-wet" by the solution for about 10 minutes and it should come right off.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@CherryOnTop View Post
    Soak a towel with the rinse less wash solution and set it over the bird poop. Let the bird poop get "re-wet" by the solution for about 10 minutes and it should come right off.
    This seems to work best. Any tips for vertical panels and keeping contact without having to stand there and hold each spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honda99ex View Post
    This seems to work best. Any tips for vertical panels and keeping contact without having to stand there and hold each spot?
    Jedi mind tricks never really worked for me :-p Sometimes if you're lucky the towel will "stick" to a vertical panel. Otherwise you're doing the waiting game.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Get a spray bottle and squirt it a few times. It can be water or a quick detailer. Let it run down--give it couple more hits. Dab with towel. Key here is the dabbing--don't wipe
    until mostly gone. No need to do the waiting thing.

Just hit it, dab it and do over till you're done.

Tom

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I found PB Bird Sh#t Remover plus flushable cotton baby wipes works great and makes your PB-BSR go much farther. The baby wipes minimize the PB-BSR run-off and concentrates it on the BS, not running down the side of the car to the ground. They're soft, tossable, and cheaper than microfiber towels. I keep an eye dropper bottle of PB-BSR and the baby wipes in my car for emergency use. Here's what I do after putting on some nitrile gloves:

1) Tear a wipe into a size that will cover the BS.
    2) Take the piece and cover the BS.
    3) Gently pat it down around the edges so it sticks to the car.
    4) Spray or use an eye-dropper to soak the with PB-BSR
    5) Repeat around the car until you're back to the first.
    - This is also to give PB-BSR time to work.
    - But depending on the heat, don't let any dry.
    Back at the first...
    6) Pinch the wipe with 3-4 fingers from from the edges to gently lift off the BS.
    - If it doesn't come completely clean, immediately repeat 1-4.
    7) Then continue around the car, repeating 6.
    8) Use spray detailer or rinseless wash to clean of residual oils from the baby wipe