Hi, I am new here, and looking for advice.

So, I will admit I am pretty much your normal car guy, love cars and trucks and have been going to Woodward Dream Cruise for 18 years, having only missed one because a close friend got married that weekend. Both him and his wife still hear about the one day I missed for his wedding. Anyway 20 years ago I let my last classic car go. Life, kids, career, minivans used cars etc. Beyond everyday washing and waxing, I didn’t do much maintenance, but then again I never had much of car to be super proud of. Well, I just purchased a new truck. A 2017 F150. It is the first car I completely ordered and customized from the factory to be exactly what I wanted. It is my truck and no one elses and it is such a great feeling. I got to be a little selfish as the kids are off on their own. Of course though it is still my daily driver and my work truck for working on the farm, I have a small little hobby farm, towing my RV with the family. Also I live in Michigan so I have salt and winter driving. The truck is parked in the garage overnight and when not in use but when I am at work it is in the parking lot full sun.

So I am trying to develop a good plan to keep it looking like new and keep it shiny where it is supposed to be shiny and not shiny where it is not supposed to. I have gone through the videos and tutorials and so on on this site and have read a lot so I have formulated a plan kind of and would like advice on some things. The truck itself is only 2 weeks old so want to just get started now and keep it shiny.

Sorry if this is too many questions as this is my first post.

Ok so have a pretty good idea washing washing and wheels and windows. What I am looking for is advice on the Flat Black Vinyl stripes and sealants. So being that I will be going into winter, and may have months without being able to get a really good two bucket wash I should put a good sealant on. Can sealants be put on over flat black vinyl stripes? Is there something else I can use on them for the winters to keep them protected from not only sun but road salt and freezing ice and snow. I have searched the forums and just want to confirm what I have read Opticote or Chemical guys sealants? Is there others? And then if you use those are they safe for the whole car? Like do I need to mask off the car paint and so just the vinyl stripe or can I just do the strips on a body panel as I do the whole panel?

Also on sealants, being my car is so new, and probably will be great paint, should I clar bar it before applying a sealant?

I have a tri fold Tonneau cover, it is a metal frame with a vinyl cover over it. What would be the best way to care for this? Should I treat it like a rag top for a car? I did see a product on the site here for cloth Tonneau covers but I couldn’t find any reviews or recommendations for it.

Lastly, I have a spray in bedliner I had put in aftermarket. Now it has added UV protection but like right now it is really nice looking, clean and shiny and looking really good. What would be a good way to keep it this way. I plan on scrubbing with a brush as there will be dirt and mud, sand, salt, trapped inside all the nooks and crannies. But is there anything to protect it or help protect it, it is pretty tough on its own?

Couple pics so you can see the extent of the stripes. The day I picked it up from the dealer. My old gray truck in the background.

Putting it to use pulling the RV and the dog going camping.