autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna 400 + 3500 -- Wow

Did the 2007 G35 medium blue sedan today and boy did it come out great.

Frankly, I wasn't sure I needed 400 -- had some 2400 and some 1000 and just wasn't satisfied with their test spots on the front hood. I did end up using either an orange or white Hybrid pad with the 400 and was thrilled with the results. It's definitely a compound, e.g., It takes some time and some muscle to work it down, but boy it really does finish nice...like a polish. And, the shine is what folks have been talking about here. Amazing for a compound.

Maybe its it's just the thrill of being finished and it's all clean, but I must say it appears that the paint has more shine and depth than I remember on the previous full detail. I am thinking it's the 400?

One question. I did have a few sections of 400 that, when I went to wipe off after letting sit for a few minutes (did the next several sections and then came back to it for the wipedown), it would not come of with an MF towel. It was almost like it had dried, was a little rough, and my towel would just glide over it. I could see the applied 400 but my towel would not break it. I got my bottle of WG Uber rinseless spray and sprayed the section down and it came off failrly easy. What could cause this? Did I work the 400 too long? It was 90 degrees and 80%+ humidity, did it just flash after being worked in? I was in my garage and the car was not in the direct sun. it only happened in 3-4 inidividual sections of 400 application. Just trying to see the cause and what technique I could change.

So, I highly recommend this duo. Have been a big Menzerna fan and loved the polishes like the 3500 but the 400 really seems like it's special. Can't wait to use it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna 400 + 3500 -- Wow

400/3500 is a great combo.

Did you leave the product on the panel and then switch to another section/panel? I usually wipe off immediately after I'm done with a section. I break the panels down into numerous sections so I know which I've worked and haven't. My guess would be you left the product on too long and it dried.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let 400 sit too long, no need to.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, don't let it sit. Wipe off immediately and also don't use it too heavy. You don't need much on your pad and work it till it's fully broken down. I work it relatively thin and at slower machine speeds than other products. I work it until it's just about gone on the section. Again, thin lets me work it fairly quickly and wipe off is a breeze. I never have too much product left on the section to wipe clean. It's almost transparent but with the right work light you can see just the faint, almost rainbowy thin film to wipe off. And like all abrasives, switch out to a fresh pad frequently. It seems I can never use enough pads. Well, until i see how many I have to clean out when I'm done!

I'm glad you liked it and I am always amazed at the results it leaves too. It is an amazing product for both cut and finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I think 400 cuts better for me than M100, or UC. It's also super easy to work with.

3500 (or in my case 4000 - old labels..) has to be the best finishing polish in my possession - outside of Rupes Keramik, and Diamond.

I had the hardest time using 3500 because I was using way too much. Once I got the right dosage, and work time, it transformed everything.

I love Menzerna with Lake Country Hydrotech pads. I'll be trying them on my HDO/Rupes maybe next week..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Yes, don't let it sit. Wipe off immediately and also don't use it too heavy. You don't need much on your pad and work it till it's fully broken down. I work it relatively thin and at slower machine speeds than other products. I work it until it's just about gone on the section. Again, thin lets me work it fairly quickly and wipe off is a breeze. I never have too much product left on the section to wipe clean. It's almost transparent but with the right work light you can see just the faint, almost rainbowy thin film to wipe off. And like all abrasives, switch out to a fresh pad frequently. It seems I can never use enough pads. Well, until i see how many I have to clean out when I'm done!

I'm glad you liked it and I am always amazed at the results it leaves too. It is an amazing product for both cut and finish.
    Thanks. Agreed. I used 8 pads today and tried to dial in the amount needed and workability. Based on mike@dedications write up, I did use a slower speed, 3.5 or so, and worked it in using 8 passes or so.

Sounds like just leaving it one for a few minutes in this heat caused the toughness.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

In this temperature it is best to remove FG400 from the surface as soon as you can.

Happy to hear of your results with the Menzerna combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

Post Thanks / Like

If I have another kid I'm gonna name it Menzerna.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

When I use 400 on my LC MF pads I do 5-6 pea size drops on the pad spread on normal then crank up the speed to 6 and work in. Is that the best way or is a slower speed better with 400? I do slow passes with minimal pressure on my G21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    When I use 400 on my LC MF pads I do 5-6 pea size drops on the pad spread on normal then crank up the speed to 6 and work in. Is that the best way or is a slower speed better with 400? I do slow passes with minimal pressure on my G21.
    FG400 works best at a max speed of 4. Anything over 4 will produce dust also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast