autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq CS Light and EXO V3 Hazing

I am testing these two products and am running into a hazing issue. So I polished down my testing hood and used panel wipe to cleanup any polishing oils. I applied the CS Light which was fine and had no issues. I followed up with EXO about 20 minutes later and I am getting haze no matter how much I wipe with my clean MF. I thought maybe it was because I was wiping too soon at first so I waited a little longer for the coating to flash before I wiped but still same problem.

I then tried applying CS To the other side of hood but this time after applying CS I waited 2 hours before applying EXO and I am STILL getting haze. Can't tell if I am doing something wrong or what. It's about 79 degrees in my garage and I am keeping my dehumidifier to about 50% humidity.

Pictures show the issue I am having. Hood has clear coat failure (crows feet) but I don't think that's the issue here.

Any ideas?

p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GTechniq CS Light and EXO V3 Hazing

Not enough time to cure foe the csl. I would wait a bit longer being doing it. It could be that or its flashing too fast for you. You're working too big an area so that's all excess product.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Not enough time to cure foe the csl. I would wait a bit longer being doing it. It could be that or its flashing too fast for you. You're working too big an area so that's all excess product.
    How much time does CSL need to cure before applying EXO? GTechniq's instructions said that you can apply EXO directly after CSL. I figured it would take 1/2 hour to apply CSL to an entire car therefore when I waited 2 hours I was surprised it still hazed. Maybe it is flashing to quickly on me, I'll try working a smaller area to see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is the wait time after the application of the CSL. I have done a few applications of CSL topped with EXOv3 in temps from 50 to 80 degrees with no issues. How much time from application of the EXO did you wait for it to flash and the initial wipe. I found that in the cooler temps it was around 2 minutes and in the warmer temps was less than a minute. The way I judged the time was when it was grabby I cut the wait down a few seconds until it was not grabby and used that as the wait time. I also used a soft short nap MF for the 1st wipe and a longer nap for the final buff which worked well for all the applications..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the hazing is because of the heat in my garage. Paint temp is about 80 degrees right on the money which is probably pushing the envelope. I'm going to wait until later tonight when it cools down to reapply.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting frustrated with the EXO. I bought an AC unit today, got my garage temp down to 70 degrees and I'm still getting haze. It does seem like the haze might goes away after letting it sit for about 10 minutes but it worries me if I were to take the panel out in the sun that it will show like halograms.

Post Thanks / Like

Sit says you can follow CSL with EXO working your way around the car in the same order. If I'm not mistaken it also says as long as it's done within 24 hours your ok. I've used it several times and haven't had any problems, but it's going to cure a lot faster than up there. I would try waiting at least 4 hours in between.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am Gtechniq accredited and when we apply anything Gtechniq, in Florida heat and humidity. With CSL, you apply and wipe it off right away. You may have to adjust your area, and so on....and we wait usually 1 or 2 or 3 hours before Exo goes on...same thing, I have never waited for it to flash...you apply section and wipe it...I always use 3 towels...first towel, wipe fast, second clean up first residue and third to clean up rest.
    First towel, fast wipe, do not try to pick up everything the first time...if you do...you will have nightmares...when you get it right...you will love the results.
    And btw, same goes for CSL, if you try to pick up everything first time, it gets thin and flashes and then you have problems.
    First wipe light and fast to pick up most of it and then second and third.
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antti@561detailing View Post
    I am Gtechniq accredited and when we apply anything Gtechniq, in Florida heat and humidity. With CSL, you apply and wipe it off right away. You may have to adjust your area, and so on....and we wait usually 1 or 2 or 3 hours before Exo goes on...same thing, I have never waited for it to flash...you apply section and wipe it...I always use 3 towels...first towel, wipe fast, second clean up first residue and third to clean up rest.
    First towel, fast wipe, do not try to pick up everything the first time...if you do...you will have nightmares...when you get it right...you will love the results.
    And btw, same goes for CSL, if you try to pick up everything first time, it gets thin and flashes and then you have problems.
    First wipe light and fast to pick up most of it and then second and third.
    Thanks for the tips. CSL was a total breeze and came off like it was nothing. Maybe I am just not waiting long enough for the CSL to cure before applying EXO. I will try the 3 towel method as I was only using 2, maybe that might help. Ive used CQuartz and also McKees 37 Paint coating and never had an issue, I guess the EXO just takes a little getting used to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STI4Life06 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. CSL was a total breeze and came off like it was nothing. Maybe I am just not waiting long enough for the CSL to cure before applying EXO. I will try the 3 towel method as I was only using 2, maybe that might help. Ive used CQuartz and also McKees 37 Paint coating and never had an issue, I guess the EXO just takes a little getting used to.
    The haze will disappear after several hours. I am in North Georgia and believe it has to do with the humidity. You can wipe it clear and in a few seconds it will come back no matter how much you wipe. I quit worrying about it and left It, came back 6 hours later and it was gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Autogeekonline mobile app