autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydration Detailers?

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Go to a bicycle store they sell all that stuff in tablets.
    these tablets are great i would recommend them too with the extra water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    are you eating lunch? most people are lightest in the morning then gain weight as the day goes on
    Actually I eat a light lunch. Maybe I need to adjust what I eat and how much. I get so focused and keep going. Someone else mentioned "not peeing" as a sign of dehydration. That's me as no matter what I drink, I rarely have to use the bathroom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I like salt tablets in the extreme but many fitness snobs consider them to be bad for you. Fitness drinks tend to do the same thing as salt tablets without the snob condemnation.

Recently, I've been using anti-leg-cramp homeopathic tablets with good results. Hyland's Leg Cramps | Hyland's Homeopathic
    I shall check those out! Never heard of them. I have heard they are bad for you, the one bottle I had lasted for years.

I only ate those tablets in the extreme, I had to be hurting usually for a couple events before taking one.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    And how much do fitness drinks cost compared to salt tablets LOL.................

This blows away sport drinks and no calories and all the other garbage that comes with them.

Features

• The only electrolyte capsule that was formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost during activity: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
    • Contains only what you need: No herbal, trace, questionable components added. Gluten free. No soy or nuts. No sweeteners, and no high fructose corn syrup.
    • Free of banned substances. Made in the USA.
    • Vegetable-based capsule composition. Bio-available active ingredients.
    • Each capsule contains: 215 mg sodium, 63 mg potassium, 22 mg calcium, 11 mg magnesium. 100 IU Vitamin D to help the body absorb and utilize calcium.
    • Suggested use: 1 capsule per 30-60 minutes during activity.
    • Also great for effective rehydration during international travel, hiking, and effects of alcohol and unfamiliar foods
    • Also helpful for electrolyte supplementation

People take vitamins every day so this imho falls into the supplementation arena.
    What are you describing here? Sounds interesting.

I agree with water, water, water, and a supplement of some kind to replenish electrolytes as needed. I'm personally not a fan of anything with artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors. Not necessary to me. But to each their own.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

I don't detail professionally, but for athletics, I have to "force" myself to hydrate. Something like a gallon milk jug, filled with water. Keep it lukewarm so you can pound it. It's not necessarily an enjoyable experience, you have to guzzle it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the risk of dehydration (water, water, water + Gatorade), one thing I never thought about until last fall was kidney stones. I had a wonderful ER visit on Election Night in November, which made for one for the best days ever!

The urologist a couple days later told me that stones are formed by not drinking enough fluids to flush out the bad minerals, and they build into tiny stones. He sees 5-7 stone patients a day in the fall because of it, too. It's mind-boggling how much pain a poppy sees-sized stone will cause!

It was not a coincidence that last summer I managed to sweat more than any other summer in my life by a noticeable amount. Part of getting older, I guess. I'm still dealing with an excess of sweat this summer, but I'm conscious of it and now drinking a tremendous amount of water on the hot days.

If you aren't peeing clear(ish) regularly during your work, you are dehydrated.
    Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I use a product called Rebound Fx from Youngevity. It's like Gatorade but has way more minerals and electrolytes

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTowel View Post
    Besides the risk of dehydration (water, water, water + Gatorade), one thing I never thought about until last fall was kidney stones. I had a wonderful ER visit on Election Night in November, which made for one for the best days ever!

The urologist a couple days later told me that stones are formed by not drinking enough fluids to flush out the bad minerals, and they build into tiny stones. He sees 5-7 stone patients a day in the fall because of it, too. It's mind-boggling how much pain a poppy sees-sized stone will cause!

It was not a coincidence that last summer I managed to sweat more than any other summer in my life by a noticeable amount. Part of getting older, I guess. I'm still dealing with an excess of sweat this summer, but I'm conscious of it and now drinking a tremendous amount of water on the hot days.

Kidney stones are nasty. My father and brother have both suffered from them and they are both convinced it is from not staying hydrated. They were told to drink cranberry juice daily to keep the kidney stones from forming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTowel View Post

Thank God for hydration. I'm on my 4th "hydration" now. 8 to go!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Another option is coconut water. I haven't dug deep on it, but a friend going to school for nursing has explained it has a lot of the re hydrating properties of gatorade without the added sugar. More potassium as well.
    posted online today about hydration:

MYTH: COCONUT WATER IS THE BEST RECOVERY DRINK
    Yes it's trendy, and it's supposed to replenish you after a night on the town or a tough workout. It does contain fewer calories than other potassium-rich fluids—but it's not always your best option, says Dr. Huang: 'To prevent dehydration, drinking plain water is just fine. And it's important to know that coconut water is not for everybody. It can cause dangerously high potassium levels in those who have kidney disease and should be avoided.' When in doubt, start with water and then speak with your doctor if you still feel dehydrated.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast