autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunblock and Leather Seats

Hello. This is my first post.

My buddy's wife has a new Toyota Highlander with leather seats, and and the kids got sunblock all over the leather. They look badly stained. Any tips for getting the stains out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sunblock and Leather Seats

Usually just soap and water does the trick. Nothing fancy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response. Also, I forgot to mention that the seeks are ventilated, and was wondering if changed anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had sun screen on door panels leather and cloth. Usually comes up right away. Sunscreening the little ones up and get them into a car can be a chore sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Any mild APC diluted should do the trick. My personal favorite is Einszett 1Z Blitz APC diluted 30:1

Anytime I am detailing cloth, vinyl, or leather seats where I know there are going to be little kids in their swimsuits and their bare skin on the seats, I've found 1z Blitz dilutes 30:1 is the most effect cleaner that cleans good enough, but more importantly doesn't need to be rinsed, isn't highly alkaline, and best of all has no known skin-contact allergies even on sensitive skin that you should be worried about as a father.

It's one of the only APC's I can use without gloves that won't dry my hands out. You can dilute it based on the task at hand and it smells SO good.

Although I love the scent of D101 APC and used it for several years and never had any serious health issues, after reading the SDS sheet for D101 I personally think that it's 100% worth spending the extra money on an APC that isn't as caustic and harsh.

Starting will the most mild and ending with the most aggressive/potent, this is a list of the other APC's I like that I believe utilize better chemistry and are generally safer for my health than Meguiars D101 APC and D108 Super Degreaser.....

1. Blackfire Interior Cleaner (undiluted)
    It's by far the most expensive but pretty effective and extremely safe. So safe you can actually use it to clean your hands. Does not need to be rinsed.

2. HD Total (diluted 4:1)
    lower-alkaline than most, safe on all surfaces including paint, no need to rinse/neutralize, works just as good as BF Interior cleaner but is much cheaper and can be diluted.

3. Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+ (Diluted 10:1)
    -Performs VERY similar to D101 yet is claimed to never leave residue on any surface that needs to be neutralized and it is also claimed to be a non-alkaline cleaner. Despite what I believe to be BS marketing and hype I think it's a phenomenal APC that is high foaming like D101 and depending on the material, it's cleaning ability is just as good as D101 without the caustic fumes. Overall it's been my most used APC.

4. 3D Orange degreaser (Diluted 15:1)
    -D-Limonene based degreaser that utilizes organic solvents and is highly dilutable. Even at 15:1 it works great at cleaning dirt and body oils from nasty leather. It does need to be rinsed/neutralized

5. Optimum Power Clean (Diluted 7:1)
    -The most effective cleaner, especially on vinyl and leather, needs to be rinsed/neutralized

This is all my opinion but hopefully it helps you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

if you need something ASAP, you can pick this up OTC for less than $10...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help folks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Any mild APC diluted should do the trick. My personal favorite is Einszett 1Z Blitz APC diluted 30:1

Anytime I am detailing cloth, vinyl, or leather seats where I know there are going to be little kids in their swimsuits and their bare skin on the seats, I've found 1z Blitz dilutes 30:1 is the most effect cleaner that cleans good enough, but more importantly doesn't need to be rinsed, isn't highly alkaline, and best of all has no known skin-contact allergies even on sensitive skin that you should be worried about as a father.

It's one of the only APC's I can use without gloves that won't dry my hands out. You can dilute it based on the task at hand and it smells SO good.

Although I love the scent of D101 APC and used it for several years and never had any serious health issues, after reading the SDS sheet for D101 I personally think that it's 100% worth spending the extra money on an APC that isn't as caustic and harsh.

Starting will the most mild and ending with the most aggressive/potent, this is a list of the other APC's I like that I believe utilize better chemistry and are generally safer for my health than Meguiars D101 APC and D108 Super Degreaser.....

1. Blackfire Interior Cleaner (undiluted)
    It's by far the most expensive but pretty effective and extremely safe. So safe you can actually use it to clean your hands. Does not need to be rinsed.

2. HD Total (diluted 4:1)
    lower-alkaline than most, safe on all surfaces including paint, no need to rinse/neutralize, works just as good as BF Interior cleaner but is much cheaper and can be diluted.

3. Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+ (Diluted 10:1)
    -Performs VERY similar to D101 yet is claimed to never leave residue on any surface that needs to be neutralized and it is also claimed to be a non-alkaline cleaner. Despite what I believe to be BS marketing and hype I think it's a phenomenal APC that is high foaming like D101 and depending on the material, it's cleaning ability is just as good as D101 without the caustic fumes. Overall it's been my most used APC.

4. 3D Orange degreaser (Diluted 15:1)
    -D-Limonene based degreaser that utilizes organic solvents and is highly dilutable. Even at 15:1 it works great at cleaning dirt and body oils from nasty leather. It does need to be rinsed/neutralized

5. Optimum Power Clean (Diluted 7:1)
    -The most effective cleaner, especially on vinyl and leather, needs to be rinsed/neutralized

This is all my opinion but hopefully it helps you!!!
    Interesting to hear about the 1z Blitz. I have eczema on my hands and the Meg's isn't helping, even with gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk