autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you do an additional coat of M37 Paint coating later on?

Curious if you can add an additional coat of McKee's 37 paint coating say 3-6 months in? They give you so much, seems like no harm, no foul if it'll work... I guess just wash and then wipe down a few times using a WW mix or a RW mix then apply it again? Curious on this...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you do an additional coat of M37 Paint coating later on?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Curious if you can add an additional coat of McKee's 37 paint coating say 3-6 months in? They give you so much, seems like no harm, no foul if it'll work... I guess just wash and then wipe down a few times using a WW mix or a RW mix then apply it again? Curious on this...
    If this products based upon what I'm reading and posting from link is:

Paint Coating, nano paint sealant, ceramic paint coating, nano paint coating

What if we told you that two-year paint protection is as easy as a spray, a wipe and a quick buff? McKee's 37 Paint Coating is that product – it truly is the most user-friendly paint coating the world has ever seen.

So my question si, if you want to apply every 3-6 months why not just use a paint sealant?

Why use a product that has that kind of alleged longevity but apply it every 3-6 months?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it'll last two years, but with that being said. Paint sealant don't she's dirt like this coating , they don't give the same look and they dont provide that little extra scratch protection neither.

And I didn't mean apply every 3-6mths, it would be a booster coat if you will.

I plan on using echo and reload here and there anyway

It was just a question.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not use something more beneficial like crystal serum 64.00 great buy and great product.37 maybe will last 3 months tops.I've used it plenty of times and the product degrades fast.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post

It's not going to hurt anything. Give it a quick wipe down with N-914 diluted 1:32 after washing and slap another coat on.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Why not use something more beneficial like crystal serum 64.00 great buy and great product.37 maybe will last 3 months tops.I've used it plenty of times and the product degrades fast.
    Hey Jeff,

Next time you stop by I'll set aside a few minutes to show you how to apply the product. It definitely lasts more than 3 months...

While you're here, I'll give you a sneak peek of the new formula that will be available in the not-too-distant future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Gotta say, I figrd the McKees coating, given its low cost and forgiving application characteristics, would likely be somewhat short-lived and lose most of its coating-like properties relatively quickly when compared to other, more 'upscale' choices.

Ran across 2 cars I used it on last August (daily drivers in NE Ohio) and have to say I was quite surprised at how well its held up on these vehicles. Not owned by Autigeekish folks, they have recd occasional washes but not too much attention, maybe 1 or 2 applications of Gyeon Wetcoat at most.

The still had a bit of a candy look to them and owners mentioned how good they still look with little maintenance...within reason of course.

I was pleasantly surprised and somewhat impressed. Given the fact that a decent sealant like WGDGPS is in the same ballpark cost-wise, the McKees coating is a pretty good deal. Exceeded my expectations for a product in that 'tier' of coatings.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk