autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mckee's N-914?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's N-914?

I don't have any photographic proof here so you'll have to take my word for it and besides, for what I'm about to say pics wouldn't work, you would need to see the car everyday, it's that specific.

After I coated my car I ended trying out various RW's on the car, i.e. TW and the new Griot's Garage RW. This was a couple weeks in though but what I began to notice was the finish wasn't as "sharp" or "HD-looking" (technical term, LOL) and couldn't figure it out. I began to think that the wax in the wash and wax was changing the look of my coated car, I had a plan to try and fix this.

During the next couple washes I used N914 exclusively to clean the car. I used a ratio of 2 ounces for my 1.25 gallon battery powered sprayed and distilled water, of coarse. After my 2nd wash in 2 weeks I had brought the sharpness of "HD-ness" back to my cars finish. The metallic was back to looking like each one was standing up and saying PRESENT!

In conclusion, the slightly stronger N914 ratio for my WW needs washed away the wax "film" left behind by the RW's with wax in them. Like I said earlier though, you would've had to see the car after coating, in person and then observe it after a couple RW's with wax to see the difference and then what it looked like after a couple N914 washes, this stuff is amazing, period. I would like to add that I've done a couple Ech2o RW's without any ill effects, miracles in those bottles I tell yah👍👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't the gloss enhancers that D114 removed, I guess the only thing left to point the finger at would be that the soap simply doesn't rinse off very well. And if that's the case, then that could be said for alot of car soaps out there including ones that claim to rinse clean such as 3D Pink.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I really learned a lesson with a coated vehicle and its this, don't wash using something that has wax in it because it changes the look of a coated car. In my cars case especially because it's metallic black, probably could get away with it on light colors like white or silver though.

I should add that I found an additive that wakes up the finish of a coated car. I know AG sells Pinnacle Black Label coating booster as well as a QD made for coated cars and I'm sure they work well too, something to keep in mind when maintaining a coated finish.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Just my opinion, but I wouldn't use it as a drying aid in this situation.
    What he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey yall, Im new to N914, i mixed up a 16oz bottle tonight for WW purposes. I put 1oz of 914 in, because I didnt read the directions...will this strip my LSP, or cause any issues? Should I dump and start over?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfire20 View Post
    Hey yall, Im new to N914, i mixed up a 16oz bottle tonight for WW purposes. I put 1oz of 914 in, because I didnt read the directions...will this strip my LSP, or cause any issues? Should I dump and start over?
    Do not use that ratio as a WW. It's too strong and too soapy. 1:128 is great.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfire20 View Post
    The paint prep (aka stripping) dilution for N-914 for 8:1. With one oz to 15 of water you're at 15:1, obviously. I'm with Nickfire20 - I wouldn't do a WW with it. Depending on your LSP it may remove or diminish it.

Rather than dumping it out I would transfer it to another container and so you can dilute it for WW. Use 2 oz of your 15:1 mixture in a 16 oz bottle to get to 120:1.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Ok sounds good, thanks folks. The soapy suds that sprayed out is actually what made me start looking and researching what I did wrong, then I saw the dilutions. I think the rinse free wash and wax dilution is what I was initially going for(since I made that up the other day) and I didnt think twice. Live and learn, thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

btw, I can almost guarantee everybody here has done this. And grabbed the wrong bottle and "waxed" our cars with bug remover or something worse. It happens.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    The paint prep (aka stripping) dilution for N-914 for 8:1. With one oz to 15 of water you're at 15:1, obviously. I'm with Nickfire20 - I wouldn't do a WW with it. Depending on your LSP it may remove or diminish it.

Rather than dumping it out I would transfer it to another container and so you can dilute it for WW. Use 2 oz of your 15:1 mixture in a 16 oz bottle to get to 120:1.
    N914 is not capable of stripping any wax or sealant.

At the 1:8 ratio it is designed to remove all polishing oils/residue/fillers off the paint. (From polishing)

The 1:8 ratio is not ideal for waterless wash, however even if used it will not strip your lsp.

N914 Tip : 1:8 mixture makes a killer wheel/tire cleaner!

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast