autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I'm not and never been a fan of waffle weave drying towels

No one has mentioned drying, but if you air dry towels an a rack or a line, they will not be very soft. I always put mine in a dryer with medium heat and plenty of fluff time. They are much softer that way. I don't use or own any waffle weave towels.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMDX View Post
    No one has mentioned drying, but if you air dry towels an a rack or a line, they will not be very soft. I always put mine in a dryer with medium heat and plenty of fluff time. They are much softer that way. I don't use or own any waffle weave towels.
    Yes agreed, I always dry towels in the dryer low heat..but I let these waffle weave just hang. Maybe I will wash them with my regular towels. The instructions say wash with cold water and I use medium for my towels though.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm just going to go back to microfiber towels and order some PFM GG towels down the line. Especially after this thread.

Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Great lol there goes more money. I just bought 6 guzzlers and don't really like them.
    All buy them off you haha Why I'm not and never been a fan of waffle weave drying towels

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I tried the PFM towels for the first time and it's amazing. I already ordered 6 of them

Get a load of Rockefeller Mcmoneybags over here. Those things are THIRTY NINE DOLLARS EACH. The towels I use to dry myself didn't cost that much.

I have ONE and it sits as the crown jewel of my towel collection. I don't even use it on cheap vehicles, only the nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, the 16x16 PFMs work awesome for drying, and are a lot cheaper. (I'm guessing that's what BSoares ordered; unless they're drying a fleet of semis, can't imgagine how you'd use that many of the big ones!).

OP: I'm with you. I launder my guzzler waffle weave with the rest of my "clean load" microfibers, and just never get the warmest of fuzzies about using it on my paint. I use it now mainly for glass after a rinseless. Ironically, some people knock the PFMs for feeling a bit rough, but I've never had a problem. They also feel softer after a wash or two (I thought).

Post Thanks / Like

When I read your post it states that you wash it when you see it's getting dirty. That right there is a risky venture with a black car. If it isn't cleaned after each use, then you run the risk of having something in your towel. I have 2 dozen guzzlers, dozen DMC's, about 20 PFM 16x16 and a bunch of other drying towels, just so if I need more drying towels, I can grab a fresh clean one. The Guzzlers always seem soft to me after I launder them in Micro Restore and dry on low heat. I even used one today on my butter soft Subie paint and no issues whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Cobra Guzzlers are China made, 80% polyester and 20% polyamide. Get you some 70/30's and you will see the big difference 10% makes. I only use 70/30 towels on paint! 80/20's are for glass, trim and wheels only!

And if YOU trust Chinese labeling, you are crazy! They poison babies and dogs with their products. How much faith do I have that the Chinese label these towels correctly?

Zero.

They are probably 85% or more. I only use Korean MANUFACTURED towels.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I never cared for WW towels.
    I'm not sure what the fanboy love is for waffle weave. It never made much sense. The value of microfiber is that it can be spun and woven into a very soft nap fabric that can be setup with fiber with split ends giving the "feel" of being "soft" to touch. Microfiber is relatively hard plastic, it is just spun out of yarn so thin that it appears to be soft because of the air pockets between the fibers. Waffle weave defeats this advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I'm not sure what the fanboy love is for waffle weave. It never made much sense. The value of microfiber is that it can be spun and woven into a very soft nap fabric that can be setup with fiber with split ends giving the "feel" of being "soft" to touch. Microfiber is relatively hard plastic, it is just spun out of yarn so thin that it appears to be soft because of the air pockets between the fibers. Waffle weave defeats this advantage.
    It's the same fiber whether it is waffle weave or split. The waffle weave doesn't catch and keep little twigs, bits of tar, rocks, etc like a split fiber drying towel can. I think waffle weave holds more water than split.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast