autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lights for garage

You definitely need more overall light in the garage, I highly recommend led's 6500K.

Then I would get a light stand to hold two led flood lights to focus on the area you are working on correcting.

If possible it would also help if you could epoxy coat the floor or use Swiss tray to help brighten up the space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    6500k LEDs (11) (28x30 standard height walls) in my whole shop and I'm pretty sure if I open my door at night my neighbor can work on his car too.
    lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    6500k LEDs (11) (28x30 standard height walls) in my whole shop and I'm pretty sure if I open my door at night my neighbor can work on his car too.
    HA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Mike Honcho

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok i am waiting for the stuff i ordered gonna do the light stand like zacks post for now and see how it goes than ill probably see what i can do for the ceiling lights still deciding if I should go for leds the link i posted or for led t8 tubes though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by errolt View Post
    ok i am waiting for the stuff i ordered gonna do the light stand like zacks post for now and see how it goes than ill probably see what i can do for the ceiling lights still deciding if I should go for leds the link i posted or for led t8 tubes though
    For ceiling lights I would go with tubes

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up one of the LED shop lights from Costco and mounted it on a tripod. The issue I ran into with it was all of the I divi dual lights reflected like a mirror in my black car. IMO it was difficult to see what you're working on due to the reflection. I wonder if tubes would be better?

I was at a shop that installs Expel. They had bulbs that were about 6" long that looked like pineapples in the regular screw in receptacles. It looked like there was dozens of LED bulbs making up the pineapple.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it why not go with a SCANGRIP Multimatch and put that on a tripod. They work amazing.

I currently use the SCANGRIP Sunmatch to look evaluate the paint and my work and I love it.

If either of these two options are two expensive then I would look at https://www.amazon.com/LEDMO-Waterpr...ED+Flood+Light which are only $26.99 on Amazon and paint the reflector white.

To learn more about lighting watch these videos:

https://youtu.be/C2FK3EyRPPA

https://youtu.be/fcDFTY18tiQ

https://youtu.be/QUk-i-xtXks - lighting starts to be spoken about at 11:37 into the video

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE = errolt; 1503398] Olá, eu estou tentando descobrir qual é a melhor maneira de configurar algumas boas luzes na minha garagem para poder detalhar meu próprio carro, pois eu vou conseguir uma ruptura de 15 mk2 em breve. No momento, tenho 3 tubos (o terceiro não está na imagem, mas é no oposto da frente na figura). Eu já vou mudar os tubos que tenho para a luz do dia fluorescente, porque agora eles são snowwhite, o que não mostrará nenhum Redemoinhos ou defeitos (12000k). Qual seria a melhor potência para o flourescent? Também estava pensando em adicionar alguns leds talvez, mas estou aberto a sugestões sobre o que leds e qual a temperatura de cor para fazê-los talvez. Meu carro é uma cor azul claro pode adicionar foto, se necessário. Estava à procura de um pouco e encontrou alguns holofotes, mas não tenho certeza se eles são adequados para fazê-los na garagem e em que watts e temperatura de cor também.
    Attachment 58099

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for bad English. I understand that we should simulate in the garage all the situations that the car will find on the streets. I speak specifically of the various color temperatures that the sun emits throughout the day. That's why we should not give up the warm colors, those that vary between 2700 k and 3200 k. To do this we must merge the white lights with the yellow lights. I hope I contributed.
    Lights for garage-6ab14e9a-acc0-485a-a76b-8829c5a0a90d-jpgLights for garage-b263cc3b-042c-463c-99a7-c49c44d18b84-jpgLights for garage-be0a4657-af37-4242-bdea-9e0ed6825842-1-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12