autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Washes

So I have done a lot of searches on the different rinseless / waterless washes and have narrowed it down to 3. I am interested in the wolf gang uber, the UWW +, and the carpro ECH2o. I know they all have there benefits so maybe I will end up getting all 3. I am looking for a product to use on my 1980 Camaro and 2008 Corvette, my question is can you use a product like the car pro to wash and then hand wax the car after or is the surface going to be to slick? I may have to use a rinseless wash with no additives? I would also like to use a rinseless wash on my snowmobile, are any of them any good on plastics?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes

If you use ECH2o I would stick with something in the car pro line for your "wax" step such as Reload. Personally I think UWW+ would work great for you and work on the snowmobile too. I guess the question is "what product are you going to hand wax with?" You'll want a Waterless wash product that is compatible.

Steve
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally use WGURW on my 07 Z06 and am sold on it. Can't speak for the other products mentioned. It has multiple uses and leaves a great shine and slickness. Give AG a call, maybe you can purchase samples of each product to help you determine which one is best for your use.

Post Thanks / Like

You probably don't need all 3, as WG Uber and UWW+ would be similar. Is either of your vehicles coated? ECH2O will be best for a coated car, but in my opinion lacks a little in cleaning ability when used as a rinseless. Uber is probably the best "all around" rinseless/waterless/quick detail product on the market if you are looking to leave a little extra protection behind. McKee's N-914 is also a forum favorite right now if you're interested in cleaning only (no protection).

You mentioned hand waxing after completing your rinseless wash, which would lead me to recommend Uber or N-914 as your best choices. I probably would not apply a wax on top of ECH2O, as I don't see a good rationale to do that...
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wolfgang Uber on my coated car and couldn't be happier. Just ordered some more.

Post Thanks / Like

From a trusted pro detailer, he told me the new Griot's RW/WW is really good.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

It would make more sense to do a traditional wash first, apply your wax of choice, then use your rinseless wash after to maintain.

ECH20 is more coating oriented and requires more effort to use, but it does leave a nice gloss and slickness. UWW+ was my favorite waterless wash until I got a hold of the new Griot's stuff. They are all good options though IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    It would make more sense to do a traditional wash first, apply your wax of choice, then use your rinseless wash after to maintain.

ECH20 is more coating oriented and requires more effort to use, but it does leave a nice gloss and slickness. UWW+ was my favorite waterless wash until I got a hold of the new Griot's stuff. They are all good options though IMO.
    ^^^^^ This is the trusted pro detailer that told me about Griot's. I go to him with a lot of questions and he's never let me down. Very skilled and knowledgeable.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corey06 View Post
    I may have to use a rinseless
    wash with no additives?
    That's what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey06 View Post
    I would also like to use a rinseless wash
    on my snowmobile, are any of them any
    good on plastics?
    IMO:
    They're all good to use on plastics
    (including snowmobiles') at >32°F.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1953hogan View Post
    If you use ECH2o I would stick with something in the car pro line for your "wax" step such as Reload. Personally I think UWW+ would work great for you and work on the snowmobile too. I guess the question is "what product are you going to hand wax with?" You'll want a Waterless wash product that is compatible.
    I don't have many different types of waxes, I do have reload because I was going to do the cquartz on my truck, I usually use collonite 845 or liquid glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast